Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an argument with a wall while back peddling in a car park and put a few scrapes on the pannier ! Most of which polished out but the remainder annoying even though pannier’s spend most if their time on the shelf in garage.
Took it to a recommended local body repair, they said no problem about £40, They then rubbed it down in prep for paint and ….. apparently you cant get it, as it’s a “candy “ paint …. ?
(2012 reg, Tiger 1050 SE … got in January…. Intense Orange)

I have also the tinyest we mark on the tank, surly you can get touch up paint ?

Now committed to buy replacement panel at £90 +

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Had an argument with a wall while back peddling in a car park and put a few scrapes on the pannier ! Most of which polished out but the remainder annoying even though pannier’s spend most if their time on the shelf in garage.
Took it to a recommended local body repair, they said no problem about £40, They then rubbed it down in prep for paint and ….. apparently you cant get it, as it’s a “candy “ paint …. ?
(2012 reg, Tiger 1050 SE … got in January…. Intense Orange)

I have also the tinyest we mark on the tank, surly you can get touch up paint ?

Now committed to buy replacement panel at £90 +
Or the perfect time to change color.
I replaced my pantier panels when I scratched mine but find it unacceptable Triumph doesn't have touch up paint available.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
ebay ... store: bikecolors, seller: bikepaintermal - he says he has it. I haven't tried it to see if it matches - luckily I haven't needed it yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its a candy - no single coat paint will touch it up properly.
It will be a silver base.
A fine metalic/colour/clear mix for the mid coat and a clear top coat.
To get a good match you will end up doing the whole item(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts