Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to source a used TOR exhaust for my 08 ST ABS, but it seems that there are different part numbers for it (them?)

Are there different TORs? Are they fully interchangable between years and ABS/ non ABS? If not which can be used on my bike.

I now know that the gel seats are very specific and had to buy new from dealer for mine.

James

P.S. will attempt install myself thanks to the wonderful TOR install thread with pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
off topic-- sorry UKflyer

I too want a TOR pipe, but in South Africa it costs the same as a used Range Rover.

If anyone is willing to help source something like this, I would be absolutely ecstatic (300 UK dog house money - i will pay)

·
Registered
325 Posts
off topic-- sorry UKflyer

I too want a TOR pipe, but in South Africa it costs the same as a used Range Rover.

If anyone is willing to help source something like this, I would be absolutely ecstatic (300 UK dog house money - i will pay)
Try this.. you never know your luck

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/triumph-sprint-st-1050-2007model-excellent-condition_W0QQitemZ190279504580QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycles?hash=item190279504580&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

Ok.. back to topic now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have 9600145 and my dealer said it is likley an aftermarket can, he went as far as to load the tor tune too on this premise but I suspect he made a mistake and never checked part no's, can anyone confirm this I've been searching for hours but am not 100% this is on an 07 australian sprint st 1050

Also on an 05 st I have a 2204750 which has the gargle that everyone raves about, this I suspect is a tor can, can anyone confirm this, also is this can compatible to fit my 07...

When the dealer changed my o7 to the tor tune it lost power and sound character, no real noticable improvment as you would expect...

All help appreciated, cheers in advance...

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Are there different TORs? Are they fully interchangable between years and ABS/ non ABS? If not which can be used on my bike.
For the underseat TOR for a 2005+ you sometimes see the part number for the silencer alone (on eBay for example) while other times you will see the part number for a complete kit including a new link pipe (when the dealer looks it up in the parts listing). There does seem to be more than one part number for the silencer itself but it's my understanding that the silencer itself is pretty much the same.

Since yours is an '08, you may need a link pipe as well. Earlier models had a pre-cat in the header while on later models the pre-cat was changed and relocated within a beer can sized bulge in the mid-pipe. If your mid-pipe has that bulge then chances are you need to replace it when fitting a TOR silencer. I say "chances are" because from what I've read the TOR mid-pipe is the same shape. The only sure way to tell if there's a pre-cat in there is to pull it off and take a look. See this post for pics and more info.

·
Registered
565 Posts
TOR part number for my 2009 was A9608076 (ie TOR kit, exhaust plus none cat link pipe) the part number on the exhaust can was A9600145 if that helps. You will need to check whether your existing link pipe has a catalytic convertor or not (only way to say for certain is to rmove the link pipe and to check)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts