Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering these two systems as there are locals sellers who have them for sale. Prices are about equal with the TORS being about $50 less.

Now, I'm quite young (26) and I value my sense of hearing. I do wear a Shoei RF1100 full-face helmet which does a good job of silencing noise, but will the Togas kill my hearing if I'm not wearing hearing plugs everytime I ride?

My riding:
-I ride, on average about 100 miles a week. About 20-30% of that is highway.

Sound: I've listened and watch videos of both and I do like the Togas better. But are they more suited to a weekend blast type rider over someone like me who likes to ride everyday?

·
Registered
2019 T100 Black
348 Posts
I have TOGA's on my 2011 T100. I also wear an Arai full face helmet. When you are on a running bike at speed you don't hear the exhaust note as loud.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Considering these two systems as there are locals sellers who have them for sale. Prices are about equal with the TORS being about $50 less.

Now, I'm quite (26) and I value my sense of hearing. I do wear a Shoei RF1100 full-face helmet which does a good job of silencing noise, but will the Togas kill my hearing if I'm not wearing hearing plugs everytime I ride?

My riding:
-I ride, on average about 100 miles a week. About 20-30% of that is highway.

Sound: I've listened and watch videos of both and I do like the Togas better. But are they more suited to a weekend blast type rider over someone like me who likes to ride everyday?
I have TOR and I want hear that sound... It is pleasure not a noise !

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm madly in love with my TOR's...exactly what I wanted...more sound (and on-demand bark) but still civil on a day-to-day basis. Just my .02 :cool:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The two are very similar. Neither are going to damage your hearing. From my experience, wind noise has been more detrimental to my hearing than exhaust noise. Ear plugs on long trips.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips! I got a set of NH Togas today for a steal.

I will install them myself, with the baffles, and then attempt airbox removal, followed by a rejet (by me if I'm feeling up for it or a mechanic).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Man, I'm jealous! I've been looking for a set of used Togas since I got my bike in May and haven't seen a single non-Thruxton set for sale. Congrats, and I'd have to agree that at speed, it's the wind noise that takes over.

Myself, running Dominators now. Much better for me than the predators that came with my bike, but I do have to say the preds had a better tone.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a guy in Sacramento that might ship you his from his '03 Bonnie for $275. I can give you his email if you interested. PM me.

I was going to buy his but then found a better deal.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I got a set of NH Togas today for a steal.
You`ll be much happier with them, I got my T100with TORS on, ran it like that for 6 months before investing in a set of Togas, they look better, the bike runs better and has that proper Brit twin sound.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yeah, the N Hydes look betters and sound better. Not viciously loud, tho. The TORs really aren't all that much louder than the stock one after removing the baffles.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think I'm in the same boat.... I got a great deal on a set of used TORS about a week after I bought the bike, and have been running them for about 6mo. now, and they do sound pretty good, but once at speed, you really don't hear much. And from hearing some of the videos, the Togas really do sound much more like the T120s from the 60's-70's, a lot of bass. I just want the exhaust note to be a little louder and deeper than the TORS. I'm really wanting to switch to the Togas, but can't find a used set. Guess I'll just have to be patient & keep looking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts