Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Bonneville w/ TORs. Air injection is removed, airbox is still intact. Main jets are whatever Triumph ships with those pipes; I believe 115s? Pilots are 42s. I want to try some of those nasty BC Predators out. Will my current jets be ok? Any other install tips? Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
if you still have stock airbox with the preds you will need to go to a 125 main, 42 pilot, 2 1/2 turns out on idle/mixture screw

·
30,523 Posts
mmmmmmmm not so sure.

I think the 42 pilot will be too big. I think with stock airbox a 40 pilot, 120 main (maybe 118) and 2 turns out on the mixtures would be a good start. Pull the snorkle too. Your bike should have 40 pilots in - those are stock, and Triumph do not recommend increasing them with TORs, lots of experimental evidence here backs that up too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 42 pilots were installed by the dealer to try to remedy being very cold blooded - based upon their experience - and it does seem better there. What do you mean by pulling the snorkel? Thanks again

·
30,523 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks alot!
I pulled the rubber snorkel out, there is now a hole where I can see the air filter (which I assume stays). Will this give me a leaner condition, and perhaps require a 1/2 turn out?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I bought my '07 slightly used with Preds already on it. The guy had not rejetted at all and she snapped and popped like mad when decellerating. I ended up going to 42 pilots with about 1 turn on the mix and 120 mains(probably too much).

Since then, I chopped up the airbox and put in UNI pods and am now up to 150 mains, two shims and 2.5 turns on the 42 pilots(those UNI pods really breathe).

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I have an 07 Bonneville w/ TORs. Air injection is removed, airbox is still intact. Main jets are whatever Triumph ships with those pipes; I believe 115s? Pilots are 42s. I want to try some of those nasty BC Predators out. Will my current jets be ok? Any other install tips? Thanks
Ha!Ha! Why stop there man? I did mine in baby steps. First, I went stock with TOR's VERRRY modest gain..mostly better sound.

Then I removed the A/I....no gain there. Just better b'cause of the decrease in exhaust temps.

Then, I went with airboxectomy & K&N pods on the stock carbs W/BC SLEEPERS...HUGE GAIN IN PERFORMANCE!:D

Then, I ditched the stock carbs for Keihin CR carbs. ANOTHER HUGE GAIN. Albeit in a slightly different way. If you ride with revs above 4K, just the addition of the CR's adds substantially to the mix. Or even if you're feelin' cocky and want to pull hard off the the line..the CR's will bring a grin to your face.

No more hoses going nowhere, no more unnecessary wires. CLEAN.:D

My advice from one who has spent the money in small increments is, to go all the way and be done.:D

OOPS< that is to say, without digging into the engine. If you want to pull wheelies, then you'll obviously need to do that.

YMMV.:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha!Ha! Why stop there man? I did mine in baby steps. First, I went stock with TOR's VERRRY modest gain..mostly better sound.

Then I removed the A/I....no gain there. Just better b'cause of the decrease in exhaust temps.

Then, I went with airboxectomy & K&N pods on the stock carbs W/BC SLEEPERS...HUGE GAIN IN PERFORMANCE!:D

Then, I ditched the stock carbs for Keihin CR carbs. ANOTHER HUGE GAIN. Albeit in a slightly different way. If you ride with revs above 4K, just the addition of the CR's adds substantially to the mix. Or even if you're feelin' cocky and want to pull hard off the the line..the CR's will bring a grin to your face.

No more hoses going nowhere, no more unnecessary wires. CLEAN.:D

My advice from one who has spent the money in small increments is, to go all the way and be done.:D

OOPS< that is to say, without digging into the engine. If you want to pull wheelies, then you'll obviously need to do that.

YMMV.:)
Tempting.........very tempting. This way I can enjoy the process longer, though!

·
30,523 Posts
thanks alot!
I pulled the rubber snorkel out, there is now a hole where I can see the air filter (which I assume stays). Will this give me a leaner condition, and perhaps require a 1/2 turn out?
Yes, and the larger of the main jets - the 120 will suit better. Also the 42 pilot will be a better match.

If you don't like it, it's easy to pop the snorkel back in - but that never seems to happen. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts