Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered TOR's from Ramp @ 50% off.. hopefully I get them. My question is would I be better off w/ EMGOs or would the TORs be a better exhusts for about the same price.

Mike

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got some rel good replies about the EMGO shorty's . but what about the Emgo Burgess(peashooter) style mufflers?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
TOR's are made nice. I personally do not like the EMGOs for sound and finish reasons. Some folks really like 'em. For the same buck, get the Triumph parts.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Can't speak for the TOR's, but I have the Burgess style peashooters on my Bonnie and like them alot. Great sound, good quality and price in my opinion. Get a lot of positive comments ( usually while stopped at lights). One thing that bears mentioning is that they do "flare out" a bit from the frame as viewed from the rear. I have the "Sprint pipes" set up sold by newbonneville.com, which are EMGO pipes that came with their own mounting brackets and pipe adaptor. I can't say whether it's just this set up that flares out like that or if others do also (some folks might not like the looks).

Shorty

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replys.

Looks like the TORs will ship Monday. I wil keep my figures crossed. The Norman Hyde TX pipes will be in the Classifieds soon.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
50% off for TORs? Point me to them. At that price, I'd buy a set of spares!

Bob

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought them from that 50% off sale 2 weeks ago or so. Tht sale is over now. I ended up paying 217.00 for them.

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the Tor's put on my T100 and it's just the perfect sound for me.Iwill be putting them on the America after I go for the 500 mile service. Mikey :-D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On 2007-02-13 04:36, kliff wrote:
On 2007-02-12 19:32, Msullivan wrote:
I bought them from that 50% off sale 2 weeks ago or so. Tht sale is over now. I ended up paying 217.00 for them.

Mike
Good price, have you got them yet?
No Not yet. I called yesterday they should be shipping on friday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts