Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was considering putting the TORS on my Rocket III Touring. I've been told by some it will increase mpg. Others say just the opposite. Also, does the TORS create some popping and backfiring?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put them on mine and they work just fine no popping at all. I didn't have mine remapped because I live at 6000 Ft but I understand at lower elevations it is a must. They are not as loud as the R111 with TOR’S and the cat bypass but they sound great. The MPG on my bike has not changed and the extra power is not that noticeable. I think your purchase is more for the noise than anything else.
Trapper

·
Registered
79 Posts
No popping and backfiring on mine. It provides a slightly richer sound which, as Trapper says, is usually why you install TORS.

When you get into the Tuneboy power maps that often accompany the TORs install, is where you'll find you may lose some mileage, but even then not too much.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Who buys a Rocket for the mileage?
I sure didn't even consider mileage when I took my first test ride, who cares.
The grin factor was all I was concerned with.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the feedback. I agree with you Skip about the grin factor. It seems I have a continuous smile while riding. I just didn't want to do something that would knowingly decrease the fuel ecomomy. Trapper, I live in Brush, Co. It would be great to meet sometime to hear your bike's exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts