Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 2008 speed triple and want some more sound. Will the Triumph TORS fit on my 08? Looking through the 2008 accesories they are only showing the arrow pipes?

Will the TORS give as much power gain as the arrow slips ons? I know the weight saving would be better with the arrows but I like the standard look.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Your dealer should help on getting a TOR exhaust for your 08. I have them on my 07 and it transforms the bike in my opinion. That said, I am thinking of selling mine and getting the Arrow 3 into 1. My dealer claims they run even better with the Arrow, and there is a significant weight savings. Still trying to wrap my mind around the cost of the Arrow though but if you want to get into the TOR system cheap, drop me a note.........
Y

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I have just bought a 2008 speed triple and want some more sound. Will the Triumph TORS fit on my 08?
The TORS are the shape of the 05 to 07 cans. 08 onwards cans are slightly different shape (slimmer, different end cap design, cans sit closer to frame than pre 08).

TORs will probably fit, but the mounting hole won't line up without elongating/adjusting and the angle might be a tad off. Also the heat shields are different so you would have to get pre 08 heat shields too.

Looking through the 2008 accesories they are only showing the arrow pipes?
Yes. The Arrow duals are the "new TORs". I don't think 08 onwards style TORs exist.

Will the TORS give as much power gain as the arrow slips ons? I know the weight saving would be better with the arrows but I like the standard look.
Power will be the ~same with any straight through dual mufflers + ECU tune. More a matter of taste which you like best visually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts