Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Can someone please provide me the torque settings for the cam shaft brackets and the head bolts.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Not sure how you are putting the head back on without the factory manual? This is a multistep process with staged torque adjustments and final torque adjusted with a special tool (which could easily be done). There is a special sequence to loosening the bolts, and again for tightening them. Are you sure all you want is the torque specs?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hi Dave,

I'm up to my elbows in tire changing right now, but when I get a chance, I'll do that. What are you working on, and where are you at?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ssevy

Thanks. I had a spark plug come loose and it lost the electrode off the it into the cylinder now it has a loud ticking type of noise.
I am just about to pull the head off as fishing around with a magnet i had no luck.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Dave,
I finally had time to look at the manual in detail tonight in regards to your problem.
The procedure for pulling the head takes up many pages, and there are lots of pictures and provisos. I am not trying to bail on you here, but I think you really need a manual to do this correctly. There is a lot more to it than just removing stuff and putting it back together. Someone else lost part of a plug, and I remember a recent thread with some suggested ways to get it out. If you haven't already searched and read that one, I would start there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi ssevy

Cheers for you help. I have been looking at those threads you mentioned.
Looks like I will have try and get a manual.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.