Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a good color match in touch up paint for the Speedmaster tornado red?
Today I was looking at Duplicolor paint and I'm thinking the GM Victory Red or Bright Red might work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do any automotive paint dealers in your area have a read and match system? A friend of mine had a tricolor factory paintjob on a Yama vstar fender. The local paint store read it with thier computerized machine (called the prophet). The color match they came up with was real close. You have to look twice to see it.
This could be a workable option.
Tali

·
Registered
264 Posts
paint numbers are available from triumph and any body shop supply store or napa style automotive store should be able to mix it. I don't know about quantities though.

mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
Doh! I didn't see the word touch up, thats why I usually just read and can't do that right all the time.

mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just bought some Triumph Goodwood green touch-up paint from Bikebandit. They're a bit pricey and somewhat slow to ship, but I wasn't in any hurry. Here's a link to the Tornado Red:

Tornado Red

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, thanks for the tips! I was hoping for a Duplicolor inexpensive match but the Triumph paint should work swell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts