Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing arrow slip ons on stock midpipe (my S3 is an 08).

Called the local triumph dealer to retune and he says he doesn't have a TOR tune, nor he's never heard of it.

All he has is arrow high/low level with or without catalyst.

Is arrow high level with catalyst the same as TORS?

I want as much low end torque as possible, and I heard that TORS was the one for that, that's why I am asking

thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
379 Posts
The TORS tune is the same as the arrow high mount tune with baffles in and is the recommended tune for that pipe, if you are planning on removing the baffles, expect some popping on decel but a huge increase in exhaust tone!

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
The dealer tunes are different, my local dealer has both Arrow and TORS tunes on his 'gameboy' or Triumph diagnostic machine. I`ve never ridden with the Arrows so I can`t comment on the torque, but I can say that the TORS give good torque gains over standard. They don`t make TORS for 08 onwards only 05-07, I`m guessing your dealer maybe didn`t sell Triumphs until 08 or hasn`t realised that he needs to log onto the dealer site and update his gameboy!!!

You can still buy the 05-07 TORS cans and despite looking somewhat different, they fit perfectly on the 08 onwards model. I have just put a set on my new 09 and have an 07 TORS tune downloaded. Runs great!

I`ve owned four 1050 Speed Triples and have run TORS on all of them. They are as heavy as the standard cans, so no weight saving and they are not everyone`s cup of tea but (at $500 US a pair) they are a very cheap way to get extra torque and an extra 5-6hp from the bike, without being so loud that the cops keep pulling you over.

TORS are also a lot more robust and long lasting than some aftermarket cans which cost 3 times as much. As you can see from this pic...

This is my 07 Speedy after a very high speed low side. Those are the cans I now have on my 09, I had all the scratches polished out of them for $30!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The dealer told me that you only install the tune if you pull out the baffles of the Arrow high mounts. I think the TOR's would be more
what I was looking for, But I'm still happy with the Arrows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.