Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a set of staintunes for my S3. can anyone give me exact details ( Triumph codes etc ) for the TOR tune. I want to check my dealer knows what he's talking about when I ask for the TOR tune to be downloaded following fitment of the new pipes.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Your dealer will know which tune it is.
(TORS) Triumph Off-Road Silencer tune for 2005-2006 1050cc Speed Triple - 020078

·
Registered
276 Posts
Assuming the dealer knows the term, "TORS tune,". I have an aftermarket exhaust and when I called the dealer to ask if I could get the TORS tune they told me they didn't know what that was. I had to back up and tell him I have an aftermarket pipe and I get popping on decel, I need the off road map. Then he knew what I was talking about. I was amazed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell me about it. In the limited time I've owned a brand new bike I've lost count the number of times my dealer has told me something about my S3 that has then been disproven. Doesn't give you much confidence...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you guys are having issues with your dealers doing something as simple as putting in the off-road tune for the 1050 Speed Triple, you need to contact Triumph and let them know.

Some dealers shouldn't be.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
Hey Tommo,

I have Staintunes on my bike and the correct tune for an Australian bike (no cats or SAI) with aftermarket pipes is 20103. It will run very well. You can run with stock tune but it will run a bit lean. I have had it on the dyno to compare A/F ratios with both tunes, and it is much better with the TOR tune (20103).

If you dealer tries to tell you something different, he doesn't know what he is talking about.....may be time to find a different dealer.

[ This message was edited by: Legman on 2007-01-18 18:09 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts