Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ganga,

I just installed my TOR (ty for the sale Redmosquito). I love the sound and responce at speed. I was worried for other posts that it would be a bit loud but it isnt at all. Commented that it was a much more pleasent sound. When I asked what she meant she said the stock was higher pitched and a bit anoying, this is a low grumble.
Also you have to love a 2 bolt 10 min instal!

One question I do have though. At ver low reves off the line there is a noticable flat spot...just at the bottom of the revs...then it has a "hit" of power and pulls smoothly through the rest of the rpm's. With the stock ipe I could nearly ease the clutch out with no throttle at all. The bike is mapped for the TOR...so I am wondering is this jsut the engine behaving in "race mode" or..?

Thanks all
M

·
Premium Member
24,386 Posts
M

as far as I know the flat spot is not a flat spot but a nothing spot off idle that is common on the Triumph triples.

From a closed throttle there is a lag and I do not think mapping changes this, not on a Triumph triple anyhow.

I am happy to be corrected by the more technically minded but this is what my senior tech at the dealer told me when I asked this question when I bought my first Triumph with 3 cylinders from Hinckley, the Sprint.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Your very welcome. My bike did the same thing when it was on there, and it still does it with the new pipe on. I just crank on the throttle and I don't notice it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh Coooolio then. I am most likely noticing it now a bit more due to being able to hear what the motor is doing more. :)

Now...off for a long ride in the twisties!

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Under normal conditions it is not really noticeable, but the factory tunes (even the TOR) could stand a bit more advance in the +/-3K range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts