Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any experience removing the baffles on the long TOR's for Speedmaster/America. I like the look of the pipes so I don't want to switch them, but I prefer an open pipe.

Thanks in advance . . .

Marc

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the same as mine. How did you take out the baffles?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I should better clarify, mine are straight-through, but not gutted; there is a center core baffle that is open straight through from inlet to outlet. The center core presumably has some type of packing around it. Mine are not gutted.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, yes mine are the same, about a 3/4" hole straight through; but I wouldn't consider this truly open, as it restricts a lot of air and dampens the sound quite a bit. I would like to open them up completely and was just wondering if it was as simple as knocking out a couple spot welds or if I have to use a hole saw to get that baffle out. Also, what all is in there, packing material? How may baffles? And so on. It's just nice to go in informed - sometimes you discover things along the way that had you known that prior, it would have made your job a lot easier.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Have you considered picking up a stock set & gutting them? You could always sell the TORS; it seems a waste to gut the straight thru TORS when there are so many OEM pipes laying around.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's not a bad idea, but I don't see that anyone is selling them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts