Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience, tips, or secrets on how to knock out the bushings on the Top yoke?

Do i have to take the top yoke off the bike and press them out? I tried to drift them out but I wasn't having any luck so I just decided to rely on all of you for some guidance.

I got the brand new ones standing by just dying to go in.... just need to get the old bastards out first.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Easier if you take the top yoke off first. The bushings are a tight fit to begin with, and do get stuck with a bit of corrosion etc. In the past I have used a junior hacksaw blade down the centre to make a cut through the length of the bushes and then pry them out with an old screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Managed to drift mine out OK. The yoke was off the bike and solidly supported below the bushing. I also soaked in penetrating oil for a couple of days and applied some heat.
I used the proper service tool drift.

Badger

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot... i removed the top yoke and pressed out the inner core, then used a normal hacksaw blade by hand to cut through the outer steel part. once that was done, it only took a couple light taps with flat head screwdriver and they popped right out.

thanks again,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts