Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the other day that the light for the top half of my speedo is cutting out intermitantly. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a buld that can come loose or do I have to start looking for a short?
Thanks
RM
Sent from my LGL55C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello mate,

Got a similar problem myself at the moment (no lights on speedo and intermittent on rev counter)...If you scroll down to my post "No lights on instrument panel" you'll find some replies and a pic of bulbs and wattages etc. I'm still working on my problem and am now thinking the earth connection may be dodgy.
As for your problem I'd check the contacts in the bulb holder are making a good connection (bulb is a capless push fit)
Sorry if this isn't much help but my own problem is driving me nuts and I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase.

P.S. Don't over tighten the dome nuts on the rear of the instrument cluster or you WILL end up cracking it and be ready to catch the tiny washers!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have heard this prob b4 and i was changing my bulb in speedo the other day for leds blue they are t10s and noticed when fitting and testing they was working the top one did flicker a bit solved it by squeezing the holder with pair of pliers and it solved it not sure if this is you guys prob but its worth a try

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info hawk, maybe I should just upgrade the bulbs while I'm in there.

Sent from my LGL55C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
792 Posts
well its deffo worth doing most ppl that have the t3 also do the idiot lights from memory i think they are t5s you can find them on e bay or other sites and they last a lot longer than the standard bulbs and in various colours ive used blue for clocks but others have used green or just the plain white there are lots of pics on here if you care to do a search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts