Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well, I have one data poiint to work from.

My '08 is the most stable bike in crosswinds and truck turbulence I have ever owned and that includes my Blackbird and about 10 BMWs, a VFR, a ZX-11 and an assortment of others.

I attribute it to the pannier and top box mounting. I recently switched from the factory panniers to Givi E-41's due to requirements for more room and the bike is more sensitive now. I don't run a top box but rather have Givi's soft tail pack mounted to the sliding rack. No rattles.

Try a bungy cord wrapped to pull downward a bit but not restrict the side to side. If you must, it wouldn't be too hard to re-arrange the spacers and get the plate rigid.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The mounting spacers could probably be trimmed a bit using a lathe or a sanding disk. Too far and the rack will become rigid and not slide properly.

It isn't a problem for me but, I might explore a large, flat elastic like a section of bicycle inner tube wrapped across the top of the rack and fastened to either itself or wrapped and tied to the rigid portion of the mount. You should still be able to get the box to mount as the tube isn't very thick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.