Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Triumph top box rack for the '05-up, without instructions! Does anyone have a copy they could scan, or know where a copy is online? There's lots of little fasteners to this thing! :eek:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hold the thing up near the passenger grab rail. Look for matching holes in both the grab rail and maybe the pannier mount rail. Buy appropriate hardware and fill all the holes. There are 4 holes under the grab rail, 2 on the side and 2 up under the top. They are filled with plastic plugs from the factory. Use a flat washer, lock washer and the appropriate length bolts. The flat washer is important to help spread the load if the rack is sheet metal type construction like the SW-Mototech style.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed my rack, the instructions are in my garage somewhere.
I will scan them tonight if you like and can email them to you.

Awesome! Much appreciated! :D

I can figure out all the pieces, except the plastic piece, which has many different washers, spacers, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much! :D

What's with step 16, to refit the seat? Do you need to remove the grab rail to install the aluminum piece?

·
Registered
22 Posts
steps #1 and #2 of every instruction.
1) remove seat.
2) disconnect battery.

they always want you to disconnect the battery for safety.
you have to remove the seat to get to the battery.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
steps #1 and #2 of every instruction.
1) remove seat.
2) disconnect battery.

they always want you to disconnect the battery for safety.
you have to remove the seat to get to the battery.
I LOL'd at your post...

"Safety" Because 12 volts can certainly kill you right? HAHA

Good one...

I've been shocked more times from my father's Coca-Cola machines from the 50's-80's than I ever have from my motorcycle.

--Kory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts