Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a topbox from a 2003 sprint on my bike. Works perfect. Wrong color, but still perfect.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Top Box Search

I'm searching for Top Box (Azure Blue) for 2002 Trophy 1200.
U.S. dealers say part is obsolete. (# A9508004-JP).
Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
some dealers might still be able to get the top boxes, but they are pretty expensive. the only thing i can suggest is to live on ebay or something like it. thats where i found my luggage rack, top box, side cases, turn signals and even some color matched liner-travel bags to go inside the side cases. none of them were the right color, so i have to get them painted, but its better than nothing! on another note, Givi makes some nice top boxes too for a fraction of the oem price. just get it painted like the bike and few would be none the wiser...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Top Box Search

Mikey,

Thanks for the advice. I'll watch ebay and Craig's list. Called and sent a fax to Triumph UK. No reply yet. I guess US dealers don't have a way to search others' parts inventory. I've called four in the area and have gotten the same response..."obsolete part". Please let me know if you run across one.

Stephen
New Orleans, LA

·
Registered
73 Posts
Top Box

I got mine off ebay-USA! Far cheaper than direct from Triumph dealer even with the postage! Managed to get one the same colour as my bike so that was a real bonus. :D

I have a Givi box and adapter plate that came with the bike kicking about the garage ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I e-mailed Givi and they told me they didn't have anything for a trophy. My top box is cracked, I think I will have to patch it up, but I wasn't excited about the frankenstien look it will have.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not so!

I e-mailed Givi and they told me they didn't have anything for a trophy. My top box is cracked, I think I will have to patch it up, but I wasn't excited about the frankenstien look it will have.
I have emerald 2002 Trophy sitting in my garage with a model 46 Givi mounted on it. :confused: I bought a Triumph rack from Lilley and purchased the Givi locally. The installation was very basic and works great. Joe

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damn, I guess I talked to the wrong person. Glad to hear I am wrong though. I will have to persue getting a new box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts