Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a used mechanic's chest and top box in a thrift store. $200 used. I'd was running out of places to put things. My old mechanic's chest is over 40 years old and has been added on to twice. It is getting too heavy to roll around. What are the rest of you doing for tool storage ? Or do you have these problems ? ...J.D.

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
7,982 Posts
I have a large rolling tool chest and a smaller unit with three boxers plus various smaller hand held boxes. Even though they have wheels, I don't wheel them around so weight is not a concern for me. I had another three box unit, but sold that one to buy the larger unit. My boxes are in a basement whereas my bike is stored outside, so I use the hand held boxes a lot. The rolling units are used for primary storage.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I retired in 2008, all my tools came home with me. I already had quite an inventory having worked in the auto repair business, construction, machine shops, and building maintenance trades. Lately it has got to the point were if I put something away, I cannot find it again. ...J.D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts