Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... euro motorsports in north scottsdale put on a demo day today and I went up to give the S3 a ride and see if I really do want to get one.

Well.... After taking it for a hearty spin.... I will be purchasing one right after the first of the year guarenteed! Loved the bike! Exactly the thing im looking for.

BUT.... I dont look for things and take them at face value. It must me modified!

The few things I did not like about the bike and I will change immediatly will first be the suspension. While tight with a fairly good ride.... The bike dives too much and too quick when I hit the front break! If its gonna dive.... I want it to be firm and controlled! So a revalve will be in order for the forks..... and since I'd be in there.... might as well change the springs out ont eh front... possibly the rear as well. depends how it looks after setting race sag. (I weigh 250.... bigger springs are usually called for.... anyone know a good source?)

Also, the exhaust. Change it out to something with a DEEP hearty tone. The kind of tone that rumbles womens panties off at 50 yards! With the 1050cc engine.... I know it has the potential! Any exhaust choices to consider?

reason I mention these things is because I will most likely have them done before I even take delivery of the bike.... may be able too work a good price on it by doing it all at once.

Overall... I still give the bike 2 thumbs up! :-D

·
Registered
583 Posts
hey drunk tank, congrats on your realization. i can't really help about the suspention stuff i know some people say penske rear others say ohlins front, i would probably go ohlins all the way around. but i know exactly the exhaust your looking for,,,

www.devilbikes.com

they have sound examples under "gallery"
look great too.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The factory demo truck was here in Fort Worth today, but the jerks said I was too yound to ride a demo nike. So, APPARENTLY I'm old enough to buy ANOTHER Triumph motorcycle (because I'm on my second one) but I'm not old enough to test ride one. I wonder if I'll be buying a new Triumph any time in the future.... :asb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2006-11-18 17:07, jrussell6 wrote:
hey drunk tank, congrats on your realization. i can't really help about the suspention stuff i know some people say penske rear others say ohlins front, i would probably go ohlins all the way around. but i know exactly the exhaust your looking for,,,

www.devilbikes.com

they have sound examples under "gallery"
look great too.
Sounds like youre talking about replacing the suspension.... Im talking about modifying it. changing the valves out and playing with spring rates can make an amazing ride out of almost any bike.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
On 2006-11-18 17:03, Drunktank wrote:
Also, the exhaust. Change it out to something with a DEEP hearty tone. The kind of tone that rumbles womens panties off at 50 yards! With the 1050cc engine.... I know it has the potential! Any exhaust choices to consider?
Hey DT....you won't regret your decision to buy a Speed Triple.

As for an exhaust, there are many choices and it seems that they all sound awesome. Start with this thread (fairly long but has a lot of information.) Exhaust Summary

Then do some searches for "Arrow", "Zard", "Shark" to find some single pipe options. Also check the "Old Squids" which are made by one of the members of this forum. See them here Chainreactionmoto

They look and sound awesome, and by all reports Bob is a top guy also.

[ This message was edited by: Legman on 2006-11-18 21:37 ]

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i use alot of front brake.... only really use the rear if im slowing down slowley.

Its a habit i picked up riding dirt bikes..... never really use the rear brakes on the trail cause im always sloing downt he front and spinning the rear through the turns...... THAT wont turn out well on the streets im sure! :-D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good luck on your purchase.
Don't you think it a little rash to change the front suspension before you take delivery? I mean, you only went for a test ride, and I doubt that you had a chance to play with any of the settings. I would advise riding it for a while trying different settings before investing more money. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts