Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday,

I have had a look but cant find the answer so i apologise if covered.
On start up from cold it fires pretty good. But then i move a little and give throttle and its like its flooding. It wont idle and often stalls. Once i get going on the road and it warms up never a problem. Any theories? I havent tuned it ever myself and nfi what map the ecu would have.
Also if im slowing/stopping at lights and take my hands off the bars it gets an annoying wobble/vibration. I dont notice whilst holding bars. I cant see any leaks in seals. As far as i know front wheel is balanced.
Please any help would be greatfully appreaciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Every bike I’ve ever had wobbled at certain speeds if you took your hands off. Sometimes it could be violent. Probably best to keep hands on the bars.

Dont know about the fuel but you need to get the map checked or reloaded because it’s the obvious place to start and easiest to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Really? Every bike I’ve ever had went through a wobble even the new ones. i just took my hands off at about 60mph and as they slow down they start to flap the bars around 30/40. Some would settle down and some you had to grab as it was getting too much. Maybe I’m too fat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts