Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out motorcycling is not an activity that necessarily sucks every last red cent from your pocket.

According to Forbes, Valentino Rossi earned more than Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, or A-Rod. Even more than David Beckham.

Of course, none of them won championships either.

Rossi Earns More than Beckham

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
He has become a cultural icon and a brand image for racing products so its only natural that his pay hasn't suffered after losing a championship. Hell, he could lose a few years in a row and still get paid that much. Just look at Shumacher's pay... gah.

Also, I have to wonder if those numbers take into account all the sponsorships, advertising deals, payouts from competitions they've won etc etc. If thats the case then it makes sense that Tiger Woods is making so much. His name and face are all over Nike, golf balls, and a whole slew of products.

[ This message was edited by: kuhlka on 2007-01-18 12:12 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
that's great! I'm glad to see that some of the great talents of the sport I really love are actually getting paid similiar to some of the others. Now if somehow I could be blessed with Rossi skills... :-D

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's it! If I could just win a few GP races my riding habit could pay for itself! :upthumb:

About Tiger Woods - every time you say or write his name, he makes money. :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
On 2007-01-18 12:23, cheapbastard wrote:
that's great! I'm glad to see that some of the great talents of the sport I really love are actually getting paid similiar to some of the others. Now if somehow I could be blessed with Rossi skills... :-D
arent you glad that he is also yellow? :hammer:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Good to see that somebody that risks their life for their passion and job and for our entertainment gets paid more than some tossa kicking a ball around a field. :hammer:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Atleast MotoGP hasn't had a walk out or a strike yet. Therefore, I will keep watching it and buying their junk to support them. I quit watching each american proffesional sport, in turn, as they had their respective strikes. Losers. Doing what they love for a living, getting paid millions, and whining. American professional athletes can all kiss my a$$.

Besides, who gives a fuk about some guy who can hit a baseball a country mile when there are people willing to go into a decending radius curve at 100+.

Other sportsmen that get kudos from me? Fighters, any kind, K1, Muay Thai, UFC, Pride, KOC, Boxing, Kickboxing, all of it. That is the PUREST form of competition and one I will subscribe to for a long time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What makes me sick is how our country has grown to practically worshiping celebrities. Good for Rossi, it takes a helluva lot more talent and skill to do what he does than any ball player. :hammer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts