Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because it will be the first one I take with a paid-off bike!! The 24th and final payment will be automatically drafted via some banking magic while I sleep, so when I wake up, she's all mine:D

I'm going to be extra extra careful- Murphy's Law and all.

Got a really great interest rate two years ago, so decided to finance half, and invest the other half in a nice little mutual fund that I bought at $26.30, and closed at $40.80 today. Not a bad 2 year gain in this economy.. So not only did it cost me nothing to finance- I actually made $$ on the purchase!

The moral of the story is, buying a Triumph Bonneville will bring you the admiration of your peers, untold pleasure and wealth... Everyone should do it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to what you get for the $, the Bonneville can't be beaten. One of the best values on the road bar none.

I caught a great break, everything came together some sort of cosmically good way and the $4500 I financed ended up turning into about $7k before subtracting the couple of hundred bucks I paid in interest.

Me buying this glorious machine was a meant to be type of cosmic phenomenon. I guess all those years of banking good Karma finally paid off for once!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congratulations! It is, indeed a beautiful ride. I've been interested in the T100 for some time now. I'm struggling between the America and the T right now. I've scheduled a test ride for when I come in from offshore, so hopefully that will help me decide but I'd be proud and thrilled to have either one. Enjoy it...it's all yours now!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats!
Enjoy that interest free ride. I have a standing rule that I never finance a toy (essentially that is what a motorcycle is) I will always pay cash for a bike, and buy used (if possible)
Once of the main reasons being that up here in the northeast, the Winter can make that bike sit in the garage for a looooong time. Nothing sux more than paying interest on something and not being able to use it!

Cheers mate - Enjoy that bonnie.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well today's the day - how does it feel
For some reason, I managed to get "Ton-up" a lot faster than the other 3 times I've gone there.. I figured if Murphy's law applied, I might as well max out on speed. Like I've ALWAYS said, get over 4k on the tach, and hold on to your freaking hat!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts