Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read alot. A huge amount and not once have I read of the invasion last year of Australia by hordes of killer Asians.

Dog's friend, Pata, called and told me the movie/documentary was on. Funny how it reminded me of an American, teen movie called Red Dawn. You Aussies just don't put enough gratuitous killing and blood in your movies.

I know, you have political problems with sexting Skippers and angry Prime ministers and have no time for telling us about your invasion. 4 stars out of 100 from me. How did it do down under?

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
The book and the film are in the "young adults," genre, or teenagers and immature 20 somethings as they used to be called. I am assuming you are not a young adult, Hap?

It went down well with the young adult target audience, made a nice change from sparkly romantic vampires.

I remember when vampires sucked blood, not d**k.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
I just watched the trailer on IMDb; what a pile of horseschit?! That is not a typical Aussie film HAP. That is an I-wish-I-was-a-'Mercan film. Titties and explosions held together by ludicrous fantasy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1456941/

How did it go? I had not heard of it until I read this thread.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I was disappointed, needed more Patrick Swayze.

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Boldor doesn't like titties and explosions?!? And I thought Aussies were real men.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boldor doesn't like titties and explosions?!? And I thought Aussies were real men.
Bo seems to be a very mellow guy. Never gets upset with GP bosses, even loves puppies and old Guzzis. Claims he has a lady friend but, you do know he rides one of those girlie bikes don't you Coroja?

I am sure Aussy folk are strong willed but maybe war and big chested women are not at the top of all their lists for excitement.;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
If you Aussie's think that should be an American film, your wrong. The boobs weren't big enough for Americans....haha....

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
But at least they were real.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Bo seems to be a very mellow guy. Never gets upset with GP bosses, even loves puppies and old Guzzis. Claims he has a lady friend but, you do know he rides one of those girlie bikes don't you Coroja?

I am sure Aussy folk are strong willed but maybe war and big chested women are not at the top of all their lists for excitement.;)
ClaimED! HAP, ClaimED. I am flying solo at present.

Titties are wonderful, but if movies depend on them they generally lack a sort of je ne sais quoi. Movies that depend on explosions are just plain silly. War is never exciting. Commonly interesting, something to teach us about ourselves, but never exciting.

Here's a flick that Aussies can be proud of:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339840/

Are you throwing stones from glass houses Skillet?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry about the solo part Bo. Was it the little Indian bike didn't have rear pegs?
Yes, boobs are more for private viewing I guess.
War isn't exciting when you are in it. Seems with the love of war mankind has had over the last 100 years you think we did love it. But, movies about war are exciting. You can turn them off, refuse to watch them and nothing bad will come of it. Maybe war movies let us live through the fear, terror and sadness with out the death real wars cause. You can watch and second guess the star's story line as to who shoulda done what when. The world can be destroyed and rebuilt to your liking or fears. And we can experiment with all sorts of social cure alls, governments and resultant religions.

Nice thing also is next week we can start over and at no time is a city really wiped off the face of the earth nor is our favorite actor really eaten by invading cannibals from up north.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Sorry about the solo part Bo. Was it the little Indian bike didn't have rear pegs?
Almost right HAP.

I do have to narrow my selection now, not because the Dainty Indian is pillion pegless, but it's daintiness is not suited for well padded pillions. It can carry them, but all the fun is gone. My dainty Kato is fun because it is light, take that away and it becomes an over powered wheel barrow.

And no, the ex did not like bikes at all so my change of bikes did not faze her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts