Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a pair of Toga mufflers used from the classifieds and even though they aren't in the 'like new' condition as the seller claimed (some small dings on each), he absolved himself of any responsibility and I'm basically stuck with them since I have no recourse with PayPal (only works with credit cards and/or eBay purchases - take note). Anyway, I installed them and noticed they seem to have a rattle coming from internal at lower RPM's (guess I got screwed this way too). It goes away at higher RPM's and I like the overall exhaust note of the Togas. Has anyone else experienced this? Just sent a message to NH asking about internal rattles too...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Do they have the accessory silencers mounted in the end? If so, are they tight? Seems like if they were there and loose, they'd rattle a good bit......

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Unfortunate they weren't in the condition you expected. Pic's and ample communication can sometimes keep this from happening or buying off ebay with 100% feedback can also help. What I would do is send an email to Norman Hyde and make an appeal to him. If they weren't abused i.e. noticably crashed, he may have a suggestion to create interference with perhaps a loose internal baffle..or better yet allow an exchange. I am presuming it is only a single silencer that is causing this.
I wouldn't explain about buying them second party...just accurately reflect their age and approx. mileage and see what he says.
Good Luck,
George

·
Registered
126 Posts
Recently bought a pair of Toga mufflers used from the classifieds and even though they aren't in the 'like new' condition as the seller claimed (some small dings on each), he absolved himself of any responsibility and I'm basically stuck with them since I have no recourse with PayPal (only works with credit cards and/or eBay purchases - take note). Anyway, I installed them and noticed they seem to have a rattle coming from internal at lower RPM's (guess I got screwed this way too). It goes away at higher RPM's and I like the overall exhaust note of the Togas. Has anyone else experienced this? Just sent a message to NH asking about internal rattles too...

I don't think you got screwed. I haveTogas and they have always had a rattle I can hear when the bike is stationary and I blip the throttle a little. I think it's normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
toga rattle

[ QUOTE=atlantaallen;1309601]I don't think you got screwed. I haveTogas and they have always had a rattle I can hear when the bike is stationary and I blip the throttle a little. I think it's normal.[/QUOTE]

I also have NH togas, (no rattle)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
4 sets of Togas; no rattles.

Dick

·
Registered
247 Posts
Unfortunately you take a chance anytime you buy something from the classified ads or eBay etc.. You have to balance the cost savings against the potential problems, and I'm not sure you have too much reason to complain.

There's an old saying 'let the buyer beware'...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I sometimes notice not so much a rattle but rather a sort of buzzy noise in the left hand muffler, seems to be in dependant of the mute being fitted or not.
Only hear it when stationary and blipping the throttle and even then it's not too loud so has never bothered me - always assumed it's in the internal baffle or even perhaps the stainless packing, who knows? who cares?

Still love my Togas regardless.:)

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I have had my Togas for over 4 years and 25,000 miles. No rattles.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts