Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo......I haven't been all that outwardly excited by the fact that I'm getting the new bike. ( my GF thinks I should be jumping up and down) A little excited that I pick up my new Thruxton at noon today? HELL YEAH! It must be finally hitting me, woke up at 4 a.m. for some reason. :D Now if the rain would just stop.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O.K. Picked it up today and headed straight to DMV. Dmv is usually a 2 hour experience but took only about 20 minutes! Got home and decided to put the plate on and find some lame ass excuse to go riding. Holy crap, I love this bike. I'm used to my harleys(all gone now since I didn't want a bike like everyone else) and the riding position is a far cry from what I'm used to. Here's what I found on the 09 Thrux. The rearsets which I figured I would be searching for when taking off from a start were nothing but instinctive. Right there when I lifted my feet. The bars are low but not at all uncomfortable. There isn't the sheer torque of the harleys but a nice pull through all the gears. After a couple miles I decided to throw it around a little and I tell you, I fell in love! I'm happier than a pig in....well you know. Thanks to everyone on here for all your postings(I have been a lurker for a while). Maybe in the future I can also be of assistance to someone else new. Disclaimer: I do have a 79 Bonnie but new to the modern technology. I also did my first mod already. What the hell were they thinking when they put that round reflector hanging down under the license plate? All gone! Stay safe guys, I'm goin' riding!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.