Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tri-oomph and I met in South Park today and rode Independence, Fremont, and Hoosier Pass.... among others.

Below are a few pics.

Near Aspen... (Independence Pass)

Near Leadville ( Fremont Pass)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, this is Jon down in the Springs. I'm off this Friday and am thinking it would be appropriate to do Independence Pass in light of the weekends theme. Wife is working, I have a dog sitter, the moons are in alignment, and I think it has finally stopped snowing (rode in the snow over Monarch the beginning of June).
Let me know if any of the Colorado gang will be out on Friday and we might be able to rendezvous and round off some tires.
Take care and thanks for the motivational pictures.
Jon

·
Registered
46 Posts
great pictures...oh and nice bikes

fantastic pictures of the scenery there in Colorado...doesn't even look real. I HAVE to GO ride up there some day.

sditsurfe

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rode over it on my bicycle June 11th on Ride the Rockies. Amazing how much more you see at 7 mph. (And I passed everybody I saw!)

Triple Bypass is July 11th.
Route description/elevation: 120 miles from Evergreen to Avon over Squaw (11,140 ft.), Loveland (11,990 ft.), Swan Mountain and Vail (10,560 ft.) passes, with over 10,000 ft. of lung-busting gain in elevation!

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Rode over it on my bicycle June 11th on Ride the Rockies. Amazing how much more you see at 7 mph. (And I passed everybody I saw!)
CoBlue,

Show off :D

In my much younger days, I bicycled all the passes you mentioned and many more. I've ridden Loveland Pass
more times than I can recall. A couple of times, I bicycled from Leadville to Aspen via Independence Pass.

One day while approaching the top of McClure Pass on a Clark Kent tandem ( big mistake ), I could hear several
Japanese inline-4's as they ripped through the switchbacks below. To this day, I remember how much
I truly wanted to change places with them as they blew by. I still think of that when I pass someone
struggling up a mountain on a bicycle. Today I gladly trade my "pedals for petrol" on these climbs.

Attached is a pic from back in the day with a group of friends after reaching the top of Independence Pass.
I'm the geek in the middle with my young son. He's since traded in his cleats for a Ducati 1098..... Like father , like son :)

We're doing Squaw Pass and Peak to Peak tomorrow.

Go Lance......Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts