Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't beleave it when i opened todays comic and saw the new proposed Morini identical to the new Tiger!!! with a 1200 V twin motor Hmmmm.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yeah does a bit, bit it looks more like that new Kawasaki Versys... which by the way looks a nice bike. Panniers, GPS, touring screen etc...Looks a great alternative to a Transalp / V-Strom 650... Hope Triumph do a 675 Tiger...

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's a beautiful bike but it surely cannot be the one in question - it has a pillion seat at a sensible height.

Jon

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It's a fish & chip shop. In days of yore you used to get your chips wrapped up in an old newspaper.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i noticed further on that they did a bit about universal bikes, ie commuters and tourers in one mold.

The usual suspects were all there the multistrade and V Storm and Kwaka, but no Tiger ????

Go through a little more and there we have good old MCN (More ***** News) kicking the boot in about the Bonniville spoke issue and the fact that they have passed a massive document over to Vosa for investigation.

Tried flushing it down the pan but it just blocked it, just go;s to show how much ***** is in that rag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
741 Posts
On 2006-11-23 11:35, winger wrote:
I'd keep forgetting it's fashionable to poo poo MCN.
Hey Chris, if I were so fashion conscious I wouldn't be riding a Tiger would I ?

I suppose you picking up MCN is easier than me finding flairs and kipper ties :wink:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You so me a publication and i'll poo poo it,depending who the journo's are from year to year.

On a regular basis,i buy the comic,Bike,PB,Motorcycle Racer,Classic Racer,MCSL,TW,and Old bike Mart,at one time or another they can all be iffy to say the least,and most of the time i have to say,rather smuggly that i feel i know better,that doesn't mean i stop buying e'm,cuz there's always something to learn.

Back to the comic!! best two bargains i've ever had came outa there,the joys of reading it by 7am in the morning!!.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
This month's (January!!!) issue of MCS has a rave review of the new Triumph. Mind you they're rarely critical of anything there. There's also a great article about the chap that runs tours to Greece, riding a heavily modified Vincent Black Prince. And he's 80 years old. Makes me feel somewhat inadequate.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You see to prove my point,i'd MCSL is one of the poorest of the lot,even though i've subscribed to it for years,the testers Cathcart excluded couldn't find their collective backside with both hands!!!

The Tiger test!! Hmm struck me as bland,although in fairness the weather was poor,and they must be the only mag that blantantly pushes their ring through the nose tours!!,funny innit,people buy a bike for the freedom it gives them want to on a billy no mates tour!!go over on the ferry on their own with a map??? no fear!! it's a funny old game.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but saw T.W.O today in library (called WH Smiths) Two page report on Tiger. They really rate it, tested it in Spain, but rained on them non stop !

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
On 2006-11-25 10:49, winger wrote:
You see to prove my point,i'd MCSL is one of the poorest of the lot,even though i've subscribed to it for years,the testers Cathcart excluded couldn't find their collective backside with both hands!!!
Couldn't agree more, I subscribed for decades then stopped in the late 90s when it got all silly over Harleys. It did seem to be getting a bit better of late but is very patchy. At least it's not as hysterical as Bike etc.

Bring back One Track I say (but probably from the grave unfortunately).

·
Registered
741 Posts
On 2006-11-25 09:54, iansoady wrote:
This month's (January!!!) issue of MCS has a rave review of the new Triumph. Mind you they're rarely critical of anything there.
Ian,
Is this a full independent review, or just another journo who attended the Spanish launch party ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks Ian,
I'm looking forward to reading some independent ride reviews when the journo has a bike to himself for a few days. And I'm looking forward to getting a test ride myself when the dealers up here decide to promote the bike to the public!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts