Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders, I just bought myself a 2016 Trophy with 9000km on it. I was wandering if its worth buying a 2 year extended warranty? It's an expensive addition to purchase!! What are your thoughts??
This ttse seems very sophisticated and expensive to repair in case of a breakdown. I am a automotive tech for many years and do my own maintenance and repairs. But the parts are very expensive for this Trophy.
I just rode the bike home and love it!!! I am replacing this bike with a 2003 sprint st which I also enjoyed riding. Trophy much more comfort!

. .

mark sprint is online now Report Post to Moderator

·
Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
958 Posts
Hello fellow riders, I just bought myself a 2016 Trophy with 9000km on it. I was wondering if its worth buying a 2 year extended warranty? It's an expensive addition to purchase!! What are your thoughts??
Is it a Triumph extended warranty or one provided by a third party company? If it's the latter, I would pass.:dunno

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 3rd party warranty. I'm not convinced. I know from the automotive industry it usually was the things that went wrong wasn't covered.

·
Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
958 Posts
Or the third party company finds some reason to deny your warranty claim because they already have your money and they're not worried about keeping you as a customer.

I'm a "pay-as-I-go" kind of guy when it comes to out-of-warranty repairs but I would at least consider a Triumph extended warranty if the price was reasonable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ttse owners experienced any major issues with your trophy's? I have owned a 03 Sprint st for years and I have not had any major issues with this bike. One of the reasons I bought this trophy se and for riding comfort.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it was through Triumph maybe, third party no way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts