Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just bought a 98 daytona t595 955i. I've been keeping an eye out for parts suppliers etc. It seems like while these bikes are pretty awesome but just maintaining them might be its own hobby. What do you guys think? im not a major tech, nor do i have the time or interest in a bike id spend as much time wrenching on as riding.
20210115_171342.jpg
Also, any idea what the market might be on these?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The T595 is a great, hidden gem, bike that flies under most enthusiasts radar. I've had mine since 2003 and now has 22K on it. Changed brake pads, tires, rear sprocket, fuel filter, and chain. That's it and most parts come from Bike Bandit. Likes to be started by pushing the start button and then pulling in the clutch so that electronics work efficiently. Keep the battery charged up. Hookup a ECU Tune and put the updated one after factory and it will be crisp.
Current market should be $3,000-$4,000 and that's a real buy for a low mileage one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Im putting a new clutch lever and left hand foot rest and spring on it. Plus a new chain, sprockets, oil change, air filter, and gonna do a radiator flush. It did go down on the left side at some point so that fairing is a bit beat up. Not sure what i should do. I kinda feel like i should let a real daytona fan have a shot with it vs. a guy who found a good deal. Haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts