Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has announced a recall for the Triumph Daytona 675, model year 2006-2009 as well as for the Triumph Street Triple and Street Triple R, model year 2006-2009. The recall may potentially affect up to 10,366 units.

According to the NHTSA, the “regulator/rectifier can overheat and prevent the motorcycle from charging. Once the battery is fully discharged, the motorcycle may stall.” The risk of a crash and injury increases if the motorcycle stalls unexpectedly.

·
Super Moderator
21,954 Posts
There is nowhere near the incidence of failure on S3 as on those other models where it was quite prevalent - part of the issue with those is the physical mounting location, which was exacerbating the issue.
But yes, it would be nice - however there's probably little justification for it on the S in relative volume of fails compared to ratio on the 675's.

·
Registered
530 Posts
There is nowhere near the incidence of failure on S3 as on those other models where it was quite prevalent - part of the issue with those is the physical mounting location, which was exacerbating the issue.
But yes, it would be nice - however there's probably little justification for it on the S in relative volume of fails compared to ratio on the 675's.
I upgraded mine to an FH020AA anyway, but where is it mounted on the Street and Daytona that makes it more prone to overheating?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Right in front of the rear-suspension, unit also had cooling-ribs on the front, towards engine / tranny.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Right in front of the rear-suspension, unit also had cooling-ribs on the front, towards engine / tranny.
And the exhaust runs right by it too which added . I remember the R/R went out on my D675 coming home from work one day. Luckily, the bike died at the top of a hill and I lived at the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts