Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent about 2 1/2 months looking for a Speed Triple to buy and just wanted to give some advice. If you're selling a bike with expensive add-ons, for God's sake, take them off and sell them seperately. It's next to impossible to get a return on your dollar when trying to recover the extra money spent in todays market. If you don't have stock parts to replace them, make that part of the deal when you sell them.

Of course, the reason I mention this is I just bought an 06 with 540 miles on it ,completely stock, and I'd like to start modding it. So list those parts in the classifieds or EBay and get more of your money back than just giving them away with the bike.

I'd personally be hot on an Arrow 3-2 exhaust, hint, hint.

·
Registered
366 Posts
+1 on that advice. I paid £6200 for my 07 a year ago. It came with full Arrow system, flyscreen, bellypan and a load of factory carbon. Also got all the original parts too. Price out of the shop when it was new would have been just over £10000! So I got a bargain. (For this country anyway).
A week later I went to my local dealer. He had an 07 in that was registered the same week as mine, same mileage but totally standard. It also hadn't been looked after. Rusting shock, corroding alloy and scratched paint. It also looked like the previous owner had dropped it. The price? £6795. It's still in there for the same price. He offered me £6000 for mine if I returned it to standard. That would have left me with an approx profit of £1500 if I sold the aftermarket parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts