Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice a lot of times on this site that there are more guests logged in than members. I hate to see this, simply because it costs nothing to join. If these guys (and gals) would spend the 2 minutes to sign up, they could ask questions, answer questions, and contribute. So all of you people not a member that frequent this site should join, especially if you own or are considering a triumph. This site is chock full of intelligent, good folks who enjoy helping one another out. Joining this site is the best thing I did for my bike.

:hammer:

·
Registered
373 Posts
On 2007-03-10 16:16, StuckInKansas wrote:
I notice a lot of times on this site that there are more guests logged in than members. I hate to see this, simply because it costs nothing to join. If these guys (and gals) would spend the 2 minutes to sign up, they could ask questions, answer questions, and contribute. So all of you people not a member that frequent this site should join, especially if you own or are considering a triumph. This site is chock full of intelligent, good folks who enjoy helping one another out. Joining this site is the best thing I did for my bike.

:hammer:
Big Time..... +2 :gpst:

[ This message was edited by: aptech77 on 2007-03-10 16:23 ]

·
Registered
130 Posts
One reason I waited so long to actually join, is the fact that you can't use a free email account such as hotmail or yahoo and I had forgotten about my email account with my internet provider because I never used it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats funny, I forgot about that. I opened an email account that I don't even remember the name to, let alone the password. My real email is on hotmail. [email protected] if anybody wants to offset the decent mail to junk mail ratio...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeh I could not use my normal e-mail accts either. Had to use my old lycos acct havnt used in years. But for all those lookie loo's all I can say is "More room for me"..just kidding and stuck! how can you tell if your frame is still bent? Didn't engles fic=x it? If not take it back to those frakers and make em do it right. And Limey they do check the falves at 6000 miles even though I thought that was funny to. Way to soon. They also said that they replace the plugs also. Who knows maybe they just look at it and charge me all that money. You are kinda left up to faith they actualy do something.sean..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can tell that my subframe is bentby looking at the passenger pegs. The mount for the left side peg (not the bracket that curves around muffler, but the tab welded to the frame) is twisted under enough that it makes the left peg sit lower than the right. Its not bad, but it is not perfect either. The farked up part of the whole thing is that when I dropped it off to be fixed, I told them about all of the stuff I KNEW was bent or broken, and all 3 of the things that still need fixed were on that list! Gawd it sucks that the next closest dealer is in St. Louis or Wichita. :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
> If these guys (and gals) would spend the 2 minutes to sign up, they could ask questions, answer questions, and contribute.

There is, of course, the possibility not that many like enough of what they see to want to join in. A lot of six thousand members don't check in that often, either, for the same reason...especially since quantity of activity on some of the boards began taking priority over quality.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Huh! The email I signed up with no longer exists. That outfit wanted to start charging for what was a free service, so I dropped them like a used rubber.

Funny though, when I tried to get the administrators to change my primary email to one that works, they refused to do so because I couldn't email them from the original email address.

Go figure.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
> Funny though, when I tried to get the administrators to change my primary email to one that works, they refused to do so because I couldn't email them from the original email address.

Crash, this is very bad news. That sort of logic is characteristic of one class of personage in particular: government bureaucrats. Big Brother has quetly taken over this site and is data-mining it for terrorist leanings...

·
Banned
66 Posts
O.K., you called me out... I've wanted a triple for awhile now and it will happen soon. I have to admit this forum has rejuvenated my faith in online information, passion for bikes and un-P-C humor done in a moderator friendly way ********. :-D A spankin' 07 triple is on the way. I'm moving out of the eighties and on to a happier place. ( 1987 YAMAHA FZR 750 RT for sale # 169 of 200 made)

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-03-11 19:09, sht wrote:
are you f*cking happy now?

:razz:
I believe you will do just fine here sir. :-D Triple Rider, watch it, I have lots of knowledge on how to park a patrol car! :razz: Diego, I git tired of all of yer negative comments everytime you chime in. Yer always talking 'bout how much you dislike this forum. Loosen up, my friend, enjoy life, enjoy riding. :-D I'd bet you hate riding with new people too. :hammer: I may be wrong, either way, loosen up my man, apparently we've just found 2 more that enjoy this forum. :wink: :-D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
two the two noobs, welcome! That is the reason I started this thread. Diego, watch out old timer, CB has got my back....

And CB, good lookin out brother... :-D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Diego said:
There is, of course, the possibility not that many like enough of what they see to want to join in. A lot of six thousand members don't check in that often, either, for the same reason...especially since quantity of activity on some of the boards began taking priority over quality.
I agree, somewhat, but...
this is the most active triple forum on the net. True, there's a lot of OT stuff, but how often do you post a question on other forums and get ten answers in a matter of hours?

I ran into a guy just yesterday who is a member of Triumphrat, but doesn't check in that often. He spends most of his forum time with FloridaSportbikers.com, because their focus is riding. That's fine. If he needs a question about his bike answered, he comes over here.

I don't know how he does it, but CB seems to lurk on a BUNCH of forums, and has like thousands of posts. How do you do it, cheap? :-D

·
Registered
344 Posts
On 2007-03-11 19:09, sht wrote:
are you f*cking happy now?

:razz:

:roflmoa2: :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:

welcome!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts