Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it.. posted the original post in the wrong forum. I'm an idiot...
I'm thinking of throwing some new tires on, something that has more character than the stock ones. I'm looking into knobbies but primarily for the street so maybe 70/30. Anyone have any recommendations for Street Cup?

100/90-18 Front
150/70-R17 Back

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Knobbies for the street on a Street Cup? Can't say I understand that. I switched to Avon Storms and liked the improved traction. Maybe you should consider adding a dual sport bike to your fleet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires are cheaper :laugh2:. I'll readily admit it's more for looks. That's why I want them to be mostly street ready, rather than dirt... I just want to give it a meaner look or more scrambly I guess...

Knobbies for the street on a Street Cup? Can't say I understand that. I switched to Avon Storms and liked the improved traction. Maybe you should consider adding a dual sport bike to your fleet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also looking. MT60's, Shinko 705's, TKC70's something along that order. My issue is sizes and finding anyone that has them to buy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was also leaning towards those. What profiles did you order and are you planning on keeping the stock fender?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having the dealership do it... They're putting on some other stuff for me anyway. I believe the front is 110/80-18. We're gonna try to keep the stock front fender. It's only 3/8" more... or 10mm... If they're having an issue, they said they could try to raise the fender a bit. We'll see. I'll let you guys know once I get it back. And the back is the same size as stock.

I was also leaning towards those. What profiles did you order and are you planning on keeping the stock fender?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pirelli Angel GTs. Working well. Check out the reviews on this forum and elsewhere. Went tubeless at the time of the swap too!

Reactions: VectorBurn

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Good look. How's the handling on those? They almost look TOO knobby :laugh2:
Yeah my dealership confirmed that the 110/80 - 18 will fit no problem on the front. So anyone who wants the continentals as well, those should work.

Just for info, the Pirelli MT60RS works well, 110/80R18 up front and 160/60R17 on the rear

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put the Pirelli Scorpions on recently and find them a big improvement over the OEM Phantoms. Scorpions don't follow tar snakes, and the grip is fine. I do quite a bit of riding on maintained dirt roads and these tires are more stable on that type of surface. I only got about 5500 miles out of the Phantoms, on the front at least. The tread is a bit deeper on the Scorpions, and maybe they'll last longer.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Dang it.. posted the original post in the wrong forum. I'm an idiot...
I'm thinking of throwing some new tires on, something that has more character than the stock ones. I'm looking into knobbies but primarily for the street so maybe 70/30. Anyone have any recommendations for Street Cup?

100/90-18 Front
150/70-R17 Back

Thanks
As they repair all the country roads around me by throwing an inch of gravel on them, I got a set of Avon Trailriders to put on the Thruxton. Don't know if they got the sizes for a SC. They're kind of a sport touring tire with great big tread grooves to rooster tail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts