Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I love riding my R3T, Make the sport bike people take notice of the big cruiser and still cruise all day.
my question is what tires have my fellow R3T riders been using?
I ride every Wednesday with a group of sport bike guys, which means fast and hard.
been running the Metzeler ME880, got 8k on them and now time for new tires. is there any tire recommended that will last longer?

Thanks

Carl aka BigDog

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
Metzelers are a nice balance. Longer life = harder compound = poorer grip and handling. Unfortunately there's no magic tire that has it all.

By the sounds of it, if you get a longer lasting tire, you may have difficulty keeping up with the group because you'll have to take the bends a little easier.

·
Administrator
19,417 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Please visit and introduce yourself in the Rocket Science forum, in the Cruiser section. That is the proper forum to ask Rocket related technical questions. Your post will get the best responses from folks with knowledge and experience with these motorcycles.

Please use the "search this forum" button up to the right first, as tires have been discussed at length and you will find a lot of information already in there. You will find more this way rather than re-asking a common question and waiting for folks to reply.

We are happy to have you! Be sure to post photos of your Triumph.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Avon Cobras

1 - 5 of 5 Posts