Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace my Anakee 3s on my '12 T100 (wire wheels, tiny Union Jack valve stem cover bought from Mini…had to mention those for no reason really), and wondered if anything new is around that I should consider before simply getting another set of Anakees. Thanks in advance for the numerous well thought out reasoned responses.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am happy with my standard size Avon Road Riders. Haven't had any "in-sticking" issues.

Jon

·
Registered
123 Posts
What in the fek is an "in-sticking" issue??

Rex
Oooops , I meant un-sticking issues. LOL. you know, sliding ? lack of grip, or especially for you perhaps that should be gripe.

Jon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anakees are a little more offroad capable than the Avon Road Riders. I've used many sets of Avon's on my Bonnie for street and they're great. I have friends that run the Aznakees on their BMW R1200GS 80/20 road/offroad and love them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please give me more examples of tire options or I swear I'm gonna order another pair of Anakee 3s. You've been warned!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I replaced the Metzlers on my 2014 T100 with Michelin Pilot Activ tires. I have been pleased with the result. I got rid of the tendency for the OEM tires to follow every longitudinal groove or disturbance in the road surface plus a smoother and less harsh ride. Fuel economy did not change even though I went from a radial to a bias ply tire. I don't ride in the rain so I can't make meaningful comments about wet road performance.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I'm more than happy with the Anakee 3's on my T-100; if you were satisfied with them (and you seem to be from your thread), then just go with them.
Just the considered opinion of the "village idiot": Jim

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I replaced the Metzlers on my 2014 T100 with Michelin Pilot Activ tires. I have been pleased with the result. I got rid of the tendency for the OEM tires to follow every longitudinal groove or disturbance in the road surface plus a smoother and less harsh ride. Fuel economy did not change even though I went from a radial to a bias ply tire. I don't ride in the rain so I can't make meaningful comments about wet road performance.
I have the same results as noted above when I switched my 08 T100 to the Michelin's.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've booked in for the rear Pilot Activ next week. Fitted on the loose wheel - £103, ride in, wait and ride out - £120. I've opted to let them do it for the £17 difference. I will check the chain tension after they have finished. I hope it lives up to the hype !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts