Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys please be gentle. I AM A NEWBIE HERE please forgive any stupid questions or god forbid if i am in the wrong section.
i am building a 1970 daytona 500, i have purchased an aftermarket frame from British Cycle Supply( plunger style )hopefully that helps, I have also purchased their spoke kit to adapt the 16" Harley rear wheel to the existing Triumph hub assembly. I been looking at lots of info on internet and sites but am unable to get the correct tire size for rear. I hope I have provided enough info for a response.
thanks mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the frame is actually setup for a 650 so i do have some leway in where it mounts but not a whole lot.if i run a belt instead of chain will this effect my maxium tire size?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Anything CAN be done, it's all a matter of your skill level and/or pocket depth. Sure you could have a custom frame made to accept the modern enormous (look how large MY peepee is) 320 back tire, but the sprocket will not line up with your tranny sprocket ... You could then run some type of jack-shaft to get it lined up ... seems overkill for a unit 500 powered chopper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm running a 5.00x16 on the back with that setup i could probably get another half inch wider tire to fit before it touches the chain. but that size looks real nice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm running a 5.00x16 on the back with that setup i could probably get another half inch wider tire to fit before it touches the chain. but that size looks real nice
ok cool, the bike show is comming next week I was hoping to grab a tire while I was down there. thanks for responding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts