Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Besides the obvious drying and cracking, I'd be worried if the tires are out of round. If the tires weren't suspended in the air with nothing touching it, it's probably a little lopsided by now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You're OK. There are many discussions about that, but 2 years is no problem. Industry standard is 6 years.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hard to imagine a tire being ruined after 2 years. especially if they weren't mounted. even if they were sitting on the tread there's no weight applied. unless they were exposed to weather or something, i don't see why not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You're OK. There are many discussions about that, but 2 years is no problem. Industry standard is 6 years.
Car tires yes. Sport bike tires are about 3 years and the compounds start breaking down. I looked into this, because next time I order tires, Im going to get a few sets to save on cost and shipping.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I bag 'em in plastic & store 'em away from heat. Probably not necessary as I'm buying new tyres around every 6k mi.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the feedback. I wil mount these suckers.

I ordered these through work almost two years ago, and the purchaser forgot to charge me....so it would really suck to have to buy another set of tires when I got these free Metzeler's sitting right here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts