Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 02 Sp3. I put it in storage and soon the weather is going to warm up so I am wondering what is the proper tire pressure for this bike. It has the original tires which are bridgestone and the bike has 3200 mi on it. Can anyone let me know? :cool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check the owners manuel ,dont have one? then check on the sidewall of tires

·
Registered
919 Posts
The 1050 manual states 34 PSI front and 42 PSI rear but almost nobody runs it that high, particularly in the rear. I think they recommend such high rear pressure for riding extended wheelies with all the weight on the back tire. :jest: :jest:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I doubt that most tire guages are 100% accurate anyway, so whatever pressure you decide on will probably be a pound or two off. As long as it's in the ballpark of your goal it should be okay.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On 2007-03-08 10:32, stmike wrote:
I doubt that most tire guages are 100% accurate anyway, so whatever pressure you decide on will probably be a pound or two off. As long as it's in the ballpark of your goal it should be okay.
It depends on the guage. The stick types suck, but if you shell out an extra 10 bucks for a dial type, it should be pretty close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts