Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Metzeler Torance's may have started to tell me that they are all done. I'm starting to feel the slightest squiggly feeling. The back is definitely flatened off from my recent 7,000 mile road trip (almost all highway) and the tires have just shy of 10,000 miles on them. Can I expect any more safe use or should I ditch 'em?

Any Scrambler riders - how many miles do you guys get from Metzeler Torance tires?

KS

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
10,000 miles !!!!!:eek: My Metzlers were totaly gone front and rear at 10,000 km. I think you ve done exceptionaly well. Have put the Pirelli Sport Demons on 2 days ago, which has caused the rain to pour down ever since. Cant wait for some clear weather to give them a good scrubbing in.
:D

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sound like it's time for new rubber :)
Don't wait, and remember that there's not a lot that keeps your bike on the road.

·
Registered
915 Posts
No point in risking your hide (not to mention your ride) trying to squeeze a few more miles out of toasted tires. Spring for some new ones. I've never got 10,000 miles out of a rear tire on any bike.

·
Registered
503 Posts
10,000 miles !!!!!:eek: My Metzlers were totaly gone front and rear at 10,000 km. I think you ve done exceptionaly well. Have put the Pirelli Sport Demons on 2 days ago, which has caused the rain to pour down ever since. Cant wait for some clear weather to give them a good scrubbing in.
:D
Hope you get your moneys worth out of those Sport Demons, the 140/80-17 rear I had lasted 2900 kms that is pharkin ****e @ $185 Oz, probably costs more now. The front PSD 100/90-18 is still going, think i'll get 5000 kms out of it. The rear PSD was great for the first 1000km, nice and sticky, then made the steering feel heavier as it wore down. Seppo's on this and other forums with hot motors say they are getting 4 to 4.5K miles from rear PSD's, either I am too fat or I ride to hard, I think it's both LOL

Now have fitted a 140/80-17 Metzler Marathon ME880 and have a 110/80-18 Dunlop Roadsmart ready to go on the the front when the PSD is done.

Cheers................Agro

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I too put the larger PSD 140/80 on the rear and the dealer said that the average km s from them was about 8,000 km. Out of interest, Agro, what did you get out of the origional rear tyre?
:confused:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I too put the larger PSD 140/80 on the rear and the dealer said that the average km s from them was about 8,000 km. Out of interest, Agro, what did you get out of the origional rear tyre?
:confused:
8000 kms out of a rear PSD?? The prick is is taking the piss, maybe 8000 kms for a BMW rider.
I got 7000 kms out of the front 100/90-18 ME33 and rear Z2 130/80-17 original tires on my Thruxton.

cheers...............Agro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts