Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change tire brand/model the next set as I'm currently averaging a little less than 4k per set of Conti Road attack2's.

So, I thought I'd start a little poll.

What are you running and what mileage are you getting?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Avon ST Ultra 2's, rear 6500-7000 miles, front, 9000-10000. The lower numbers are with relatively straight riding (rear squares off and front cups). The higher numbers tend to be when I get to go ride some twistys. tommyturbo2

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I've had similar numbers to tt2 from Roadsmarts & the rear Pilot Road 2 is heading for similar territory.

I think the dual compound designs have proved their worth & the wet performance of the Dunlops & Michelins is 1st class.

Seems to me we've never had it so good with the recent pace of development. Story is, some the newer 'Sport' class tyres are now claiming near Sport/Touring mileage (& higher than the OP's Contis), so I'm trying a new Bridgestone S20 on the front.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Conti Motions on my Sprint RS - right at 8000 miles and the rear is at the wearbars. Front probably has another 2000 left. Pretty even wear as we hit the twisties as much as we can. I did a small straight line skid last week at a yellow light; got home and checked the tire and that spot went to the cords, so it's done. New set arrives tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts