Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a set on ebay that are on their way and would love to hear any tips or tricks also does any one have the installation instructions that they could email or mail to me
2000 st (blue - I hear the frictionless specially formulated blue paint gets you an extra 5 horsepower)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or maybe even if all else fails can someone tell me what order to put the mounting brackets - Do you assemble some pieces together and the put on bike or does every thing kind of "stack" one after the other?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey congradulations on getting the set off of e-bay what did you end up getting them for? There was a schematic on the site somewhere with all the parts shown that should be a good guide, I'll look around for it and post a link. Cheers :-D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paid a little to much I think - $573 + $44 shipping USD. Included mounting kit. I saw a set go for $400 without mounting kit a couple of months ago but they were caspian blue and I needed sapphire. This was the first set I saw in my color up for sale in the last 3 1/2 months. I just didn't want to wait for another set to come up so I said screw it and put in a max bid of $603.99 to make sure. I wish people would figure out the best way to bid on ebay is to bid in the last minute and bid whatever the maximum you are willing to pay - if you win it you win it otherwise your just showing other bidders that there is one more person interested then there was before.
Hope that makes sense.
Seem like they are in excellent condition.
What do you guys think OK deal or a little to much although in my case it came down to a time vs. money type of deal

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the boxes on my 03 sprint, but did not instal them. I would wait around for some schematics, someone has to have some.

As for the price...who cares. You got em now, enjoy them. In a couple months you wont even miss the money, and you'll have the convienince of your panniers! :-D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"As for the price...who cares. You got em now, enjoy them. In a couple months you wont even miss the money, and you'll have the convienince of your panniers!

-----------------
Shawn Mahoney"

yep your right and I got spoiled by the ones on my last bike BMW K100rs used them all the time

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here's the link to scanned images of the instructions.

Clicky

I loved my bags on my Sprint. I have a motorcycle cover i would put in one, and lock my helmet in the other. Then someone ran in to my bike while parked on the street, and munched the right side bag pretty good. The bags take the brunt of a fall, so be careful about tip overs. Keep a kickstand pad on the bike for the hot days on mushy pavement, etc.

Since you're going to put on the bags, i highly recommend that you do the seat lock relocation. The bags really interfere with using the seat lock. You move the lock around to the back above the license plate.

The instructions are here.

Clicky

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a 2000 ST also. I bought new mounting hardware from Triumph as I had a set of bags from a 1999 ST. They were straight forward to attach, if you are not mechanically challenged!! I like the idea of moving the seat lock, but, if you can put up with removing the left side bag to get to the seat lock, its really no big deal. I have mastered the ability to get to the seat lock without removing the bag at all. Just lay the mounts out and look at the proceedure. I hope you get ALL the hardware necessary. Seems like you have to do something to the rear turn signals as well. No big deal. All luggage for all bikes are overpriced in my book, but, you're gonna love them. I put a GIVI top box on mine as well, and I can go anywhere now. I did a month long trip last year and lived out of those bags without any concerns. Get a Triumph tank bag too.
Good Luck and Good Riding
roadduster :-D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
already downloaded it! Thanks to the RAT
Thanks again
Is that a fairly easy mod?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
already emailed that exact same page to seller so he could check
this set was removed from a bike with a blown engine so it should include everything
can you think of any part that may have gone unnoticed and may still be on the bike?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just installed a set of OEM bags on my RS. If your bike is an ST you should have no problem installing them. Took me a few hours to install but I had to make a different mounting bracket for the exhaust side. Good luck and just follow the instructions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts