Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Laguna Seca early this year for some AHRMA testing and got inspired by a Thruxton I saw that was set up for racing. The bike had parts that I could not locate here in the US and was hoping maybe someone had the info on some cool race parts like Exhaust, Airfilter, Carb modifications etc... I have a 2004 Thruxton sitting in storage that I would like to put to good use once all this nonsense is over.

Here's a picture of the Thruxton 900 I saw:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Don't know why you say you can't find parts. You can remove or gut the airbox and use pod filters if you want or buy an aftermarket filter and other mods to the snorkel, etc. You can even invest in flatside carbs. Many threads on here about modifying the airbox. You can upgrade the forks, shocks, brake pads, lines, etc. Exhaust shouldn't be any issue either. Anything else on that bike looks to be cosmetic.

Take a look on this page.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sending the link to Airtech. They do have most of the "cosmetic" stuff I am looking for. That Dunstall fairing is sweet.

The specific parts I was looking for was the left sided single exhaust and belly pan which the brand name escapes me. Most of the ones I've seen are double and would prefer and single. He even had a very cool Isle of Man gas cap.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up for the Thruxton Cup race series. There's some great racing footages on youtube and was able to get ideas. I might just end up making the catch pan myself with aluminum.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Oil drain plug must be safety wired, all lights must be removed or taped when I was a track day junky at the track here in the East.

Suggest you attend a track school before riding the track. Not only will you learn important track skills are but you also learn about track safety, and that could make the difference between life and death. I took a one day track school offered by Penguin Racing. Included was class room, track practice with instructors riding along and coaching, and uncoached track time. I don't remember the cost but it was money well spent.

Paul

Reactions: jnymdnyt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. I've actually done a lot of track days and have taken Keith Code's Superbike School, Reg Pridmore's class and a lot of other race and safety classes all over CA. When I was working with BMW Motorrad I used to overemphasize this to people. Indeed "it was money well spent". My dedicated tack bike is a 2006 Yamaha R1. The Thruxton appeals to me because I get the same excitement going 150 on an R1 and 90 on a Triumph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts