Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'd put carb rebuilds/rejet on the list if you haven't already done that.

Hayabusa 6 piston calipers are a nice improvement and they're cheapish on ebay.

Maybe rebuild the front brake master cylinder so it doesn't fail you at an inopportune time.

+1 on the pick up coil. Hopefully there will be more Nology ignition coils in the pipeline this winter as I still need one more.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yes, heat is a concern but shouldn't be a problem in a large, glass light. I had a pair of 100/80s that I used for a decade, moving them from large round lights to small, rectangular quads to large rectangular lights with no problems in any. You'll also hear concerns with current draw and wire size but there were never any problems there either. Designing a dedicated circuit with a relay and large wire is fairly cheap and easy to do and it may actually help. I'll let the electrical engineers debate that one. To me electricity is smoke, let the smoke out of the wire and it will quit working.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Re: fueling problems, sounds like lack of fuel ( filter, restriction, dirty pilot jet) or a vacuum leak. Does adding some choke help? If you can keep it running at low speed long enough squirt some water on the headers to find out if one cylinder is noticeably colder than the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.