Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Penske 8983 rear shock is on order (not through GP suspensions... but the dealer in PA doing a group buy). Should have it towards the end of January! I'm going to stick with last year's fork rebuild for now.

For those of you who have done a new shock with a remote reservoir (MOT...), did you need a certain or longer length hose for mounting?
My shock came ready to fit....Penske I would have thought should have something on record for the length of hose required if not a quick measure up would put you in the ball park, a few mm longer is wise. this is my routing but you may figure something different ?

http://www.mottleybiker.com/page22.htm

Type of hose is braided and I'm sure Penske would have suitable stuff ready to fit ;-)

Cheers
Mot

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Rear brake you will probably need to strip, you may want to fit new seals the dust seals are the ones that go, pop the mounting bracket off the caliper and clean out the holes for the slider pins, clean them too...once you have the pistons out clean them any stubborn dirt etc can be gently rubbed back with 1500 grade paper. I fitted stainless pins to mine but being good old blighty they do get a harder life. If you find ally corrosion behind the seals I find popping the caliper into a low oven for 10 mins or so has it powdering off with very little effort ;-) 6 pots if in good nick you may get away without doing most of the seals you will only know when apart ! or you could just pump the pistons out a little and clean up with a toothbrush and rags etc..like here http://www.mottleybiker.com/page27.htm

Oh and as Kit says prepare yourself for the pad pins..if you have a few allen keys try all of them to get the best fit you can.

Cheers
Mot

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Yup Logos etc were clear coates over....gold bolts=tacky.....paint shop should have been able to sort your graphics they only had to call you for some pics plus they had the stuff in with graphics on in the first place ? Anyroad new paint is enough to get excited about :)

Cheers
Mot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.