Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I was in a similar position when I got my RS. I was actually looking for an 885cc triple, as those bikes can be found in that price range fairly frequently, but there were none around. What I found was a $4500 Sprint RS whose owner told me Capital One would be willing to give me a loan no matter how bad my credit was. I got the loan and the bike; that may be an option for you as well.

You can occasionally find a Sprint ST for $2500, but they will almost always have some crash damage and/or salvage titles.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
mick32,

Not knowing where you are, it's hard to tell for sure.

But, my guess would be 'no'.

$3500, maybe.

As Kit said, you might be able to find an earlier (885 or 900) bike for the money, but it'll be tough.

Good luck, though!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks KitNYC. Pushr0d I'm in NC. So private seller is probably the best route to come close to $3500.

·
Premium Member
24,382 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum Mick32:)

Don and I ask all our new members to please read our forum stickies :) thanks in advance.

As pushrod says it is pretty hard when you don't state where you are in the world.

But I can answer for Australia and New Zealand and say no you would not pick one up for that sort of money down here.

I hope you are able to pick one up soon and enjoy our forum.:)

cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was just looking around this morning at new and used machines, it looks like anything decent starts out at about $3k and doesnt go much over $4k for the 955 model Sprint ST. Im sure you could spend more but I doubt you have to if you shop around a little.

Good luck!!

Tony

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Try downloading this Craigslist reader. It allows you to search multiple Craigslists. You can search the entire country if you like. I used it to fine the Sprint that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a link: http://www.motiont.com/craigslistreader.aspx

good luck

----Charlie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wondering if there was a way to search multiple Craigslists. Awesome :). Thanks Charlie.

-Mick

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found mine for $2500 end of the season on Craigslist. Just needed a new rear tire. It's an 00 and had ~27k miles. Runs like a top :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts