Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I was in a similar position when I got my RS. I was actually looking for an 885cc triple, as those bikes can be found in that price range fairly frequently, but there were none around. What I found was a $4500 Sprint RS whose owner told me Capital One would be willing to give me a loan no matter how bad my credit was. I got the loan and the bike; that may be an option for you as well.

You can occasionally find a Sprint ST for $2500, but they will almost always have some crash damage and/or salvage titles.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
mick32,

Not knowing where you are, it's hard to tell for sure.

But, my guess would be 'no'.

$3500, maybe.

As Kit said, you might be able to find an earlier (885 or 900) bike for the money, but it'll be tough.

Good luck, though!

·
Premium Member
24,422 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum Mick32:)

Don and I ask all our new members to please read our forum stickies :) thanks in advance.

As pushrod says it is pretty hard when you don't state where you are in the world.

But I can answer for Australia and New Zealand and say no you would not pick one up for that sort of money down here.

I hope you are able to pick one up soon and enjoy our forum.:)

cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was just looking around this morning at new and used machines, it looks like anything decent starts out at about $3k and doesnt go much over $4k for the 955 model Sprint ST. Im sure you could spend more but I doubt you have to if you shop around a little.

Good luck!!

Tony

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Try downloading this Craigslist reader. It allows you to search multiple Craigslists. You can search the entire country if you like. I used it to fine the Sprint that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a link: http://www.motiont.com/craigslistreader.aspx

good luck

----Charlie

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was wondering if there was a way to search multiple Craigslists. Awesome :). Thanks Charlie.

-Mick
Here's another that will let you search CL and Ebay at the same time:

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpmoto

All you need to do is pick 'triumph' on the drop down menu then on the filter type in 'sprint' and you'll be good to go for the whole country.

Pete C

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.