Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time around the middle of the summer, I put together a list of all the bikes I've owned and loved over my riding years, in the order I ranked them. I think there are 18 or so. The ones at the top of the best were my R1, Hayabusa and some others. But it's true, Tiger wqas number 1. My best bike ever among some pretty stout competition.

My then recently acquired Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 was number 5. But this is the thing. I still'd say that the Tiger is the best, because it does everything so wonderfully, but I always choose the Vulcan when I go out riding anymore. It's so large and in charge. If I take a long trip in the spring, I want to take the Vulcan.

What do you make of that?

·
Registered
164 Posts
You like polishing more than riding? :razz:
(I'm joking, of course!)

Although, I think if I lived the other side of the pond I'd be tempted to get a cruiser as well as my Tiger (which I'd obviously have shipped across). But I don't think I could deal with a cruiser in the UK; the climate over here would just make ownership of a chromed-up bike just a bit too laborious for my liking! That and the lack of any open road with a surface worthy of cruising on :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I m with tcowjww: cruisers are made for the States, and rather useless in Europe

so the real question is: why a Jap instead of the Rocket?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think you would reconsider the cruiser option if you were doing serious mileage on variable roads in yukky weather.

For a quick pose down the Boulevard, I can see their appeal!

Jon

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...why a Jap instead of the Rocket?

Believe me, I loved the ROcket. My Triumph dealer is also a Kawasaki dealer and he had this cherry, 700 mile used VN2000 who's owner's wife wouldn't let him keep it. It had all the accessories and was inexpensive.

The Rocket just cost more, and the accessories were beyond unreasonable in price.

I'll tell you though, this VN2000 is a very enjoyable bike to ride.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can see where the croozer would be more comfy riding those long stretches but once you get to the hills and need to lean way over...well, here the Tiger shines better than chrome.
What's the Bassa for then?

·
Registered
679 Posts
JAMO-

I am in the same situation, jus tin my case it is my Scrambler. The more I ride Scrambler, the less I like the Tiger. I am actively considering selling the cat.

Fred

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's the Bassa for then?
The Bassa's a lot of fun, but I don't end up using it that much. Actually, it's nice and light and really more of a standard - albeit an Italian standard - than a crusiser.

Not to much danger I'd sell the Tiger. It's too good and there's nothing like it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
On 2006-12-15 15:59, OKCTriple wrote:
I think if you two were to ride the new '07 Tiger, you would buy one and still have the Tiger at the top of your list. If you don't believe me ask Matt.
Yeah, I know. I am dying to see one up close. Only one guy prepaid a deposit up here and we are all waiting for his early bike to show up. I hope I can get over to the shop to check it out before he takes it home.

Fred

1 - 13 of 13 Posts