Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

4001 - 4020 of 4083 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Well Pete, the Gentlemen's Clubs have been adversely affected by COVID. The entertainers and customers all need to wear masks and the entertainers have to be 25 feet away from the customers, or dance on a stage surrounded by plexiglass with a cutout for tips. Obviously no lap dances can take place... wink...wink.

Here is my Tiger at Shotgun Willie's Show Club...

Adjacent to Shotgun Willie's is SmokinGun Apothecary. For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a facility/shop that sells medical/recreational cannabis or CBD oil.

Here is my Tiger at the SmokinGun Apothecary.

Have an enjoyable ride playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama and be safe.

Bob

·
Registered
517 Posts
Previous challenge "...a picture of your Tiger at a facility/shop that sells medical/recreational cannabis or CBD oil". I am surprised that we haven't yet had any protests from people living in less liberal places where these shops don't exist.
It'll start raining before 11 am in my part of the world today, so I went out before breakfast:

However, I did use the above store the last time we had such a challenge, so I thought I'd better show you another one, too:

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike at a barber shop:

Extra kudos if you find one that hasn't yet featured in the game.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Registered
66 Posts
Previous Challenge, Tiger outside a Barber Shop.

New Challenge, Tiger outside a prison (this one is Leicester Max Security Prison, housing some rather unpleasant characters - including Reggie Kray back in the day)!!!

Ride safe, have fun, and watch out for wet leaves!!!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts
It's not a "maximum security prison" in the sense that our North American forum members would understand it, but Reginald Kray was certainly living there at her majesty's pleasure from 1970 to 1972.
Well done, M6NTL.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Registered
66 Posts
The entire UK goes back into full Lockdown on Thursday, for at least 1 month.
Guess I'll not be playing for a while...

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I had a f*ucked up day today while riding out to tag the challenge @M6NTL posted. While stopped at a red light some a$$hole rode up my tail pipe and sent me and my Tiger flying into the intersection. Fortunately I wasn't tossed and I was able to control my Tiger and get to the shoulder of the road. The a$$hole did pull over but he wouldn't provide me with his papers... he kept telling me he was sorry and didn't mean to run up my tailpipe. He asked me not to call the police as he had just gotten his license. Based on his age I really think he meant to say he had just gotten his license back from suspension. Of course I was overamping with adrenaline and I told him with extreme force that he was a dumb ass motherf*cker and he could have killed me!!! While I was on the phone with 911 he got in his car and bolted... Stupid motherf*cker as I had taken pictures of his license plate and car, as well as him, although he put his hands over his face. I'm a bit sore from the impact but I'm really more upset this a$$hole f*cked up my Tiger. With almost 100,000 miles and having ridden all over the United States, Canada, Mainland Mexico, and Baja, Mexico I have not once had this type of thing happen!!!!

I will be taking my Tiger to my Triumph dealer tomorrow or Wednesday for a full inspection to make sure the frame wasn't tweaked. There is damage to my silencer and the additional modulating brake light as well. I was able to ride it home and everything felt normal...but it needs to be fully inspected to make sure there isn't a hairline fracture in the subframe.

Bob

Here is a picture of the dumb a$$ motherf*cker's car and him with his face covered... F*cking Coward!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I hope the cops get him and charge him with leaving the scene. At first glance the bike doesn't look too injured but as you said it needs to be checked. Heal fast.

Chico

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh no.
Im really sorry to hear that Bob.
Take it easy for a few days, as I'm sure you will have pulled muscles in your back at the very least.
Those photos you have taken should be sufficient for the Police to identify the POS, and hopefully the Big Cat gets a clean Bill of Health from the inspection.
When the Police find this f'kin idiot, I hope you can get the money from him to replace the damaged case etc...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sad to hear about that. I'm one up on "take it easy, Bob" - you could indeed have gotten killed, so let's all be happy that you haven't.
Here is a story from 2014 to cheer you up;
I was waiting at a red light in Wetzikon on my Tiger 1050 and noticed in my rear mirror a gentleman (similar to the one in your image, young, gold chain, donning sports car decals on his clothing while operating a battered banger, though not having cut off parts of his ear that morning while shaving with an apparently rather shaking hand from yesterdays substance abuse) driving while obviously having an exceedingly heated and angry discussion with his girl friend/fiance/wife on the passenger seat. The gentleman was not at all watching the road ahead of him.
In a split second decision I put my Tiger into first gear and mounted the pavement. Less than a second later that gentleman crushed his car into the rear end of the Mercedes that had been waiting in front of me while he was driving at a speed of about 30 mph.
If I hadn't evaded that gentleman's inept driving, then I doubt that I would be around nowadays congratulating you upon escaping a similar fate. I could quote a couple of identical "close encounters", though none that happened any more recently.
Could I ask Jeff (i. e. GearHd6, our thread starter) to approve your use of any of your other bikes to participate in the game while your Tiger is being in the workshop, providing that you still feel up to participating in the game at present?

Ride safely, and hopefully you all will see these morons coming before they "contact" you...

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I think Pete you and Mark are the ones to give me a dispensation to ride my Bonneville while my Tiger is being checked over to make sure the frame isn't tweaked... after all it is still a Triumph Motorcycle and not an off brand. So with that in mind, while I rode out to my buddies place in the country this morning, to see Jonathan and our buddy Douglas who lives in Baja and has Baja Nortons there, I was able to route myself on the way home to get a picture of a Prison... albeit on my Triumph Bonneville.

Hopefully my Tiger will get a clean bill of health by the end of the week and all will be good to go.

Me with my buddy Jonathan and Douglas from Baja Nortons in Jonathan's shop at his country home.

Here is my Bonneville at a Federal Correctional Institution in Englewood, Colorado. Federal Correctional Institution, Englewood - Wikipedia

For my new challenge I would a picture of your Tigers with something that is out of place. This airplane is in front of a bar/restaurant in a shopping center and not at an airstrip where it should be.

Have an enjoyable ride playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama and be SAFE!!!

Bob

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Love the Bonne, beautiful. Everyone should have a Tiger (hope yours is OK) and a classic - one to move the body and one to move the soul.

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK,
Although we are in Lockdown, and as such I should not be riding my Tiger, I am a Volunteer Blood Biker, and hence I have dispensation to do so.
So then, something out of place.
Well, sadly due to the Lockdown, the City's Diwali Events have all been cancelled, so this Giant Big Wheel is standing unused - therefore out of place (a genuinely sad thing indeed, the Indian Diwali (Festival of Light) celebrations truly are a thing to behold.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Previous challenge "...your Tiger with an Emergency Services vehicle":

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike at a shop selling and/or repairing power equipment for gardening:

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I am not able to get my Tiger scheduled for an appointment at my Triumph dealer for an inspection and documentation of the damages I incurred until Friday, 13 November which is a requirement of my insurance carrier. Although I don't suspect any damage other than to my hard bag, silencer, and modulating taillight, I won't be riding it until it gets the inspection.

I will assume Mark and Pete will allow me to continue to participate in Tiger Tag-O-Rama on my Bonnie until such time... Weather permitting. If not, I should be good to go the end of this week.

Be safe one and all...

Bob

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am not able to get my Tiger scheduled for an appointment at my Triumph dealer for an inspection and documentation of the damages I incurred until Friday, 13 November which is a requirement of my insurance carrier. Although I don't suspect any damage other than to my hard bag, silencer, and modulating taillight, I won't be riding it until it gets the inspection.

I will assume Mark and Pete will allow me to continue to participate in Tiger Tag-O-Rama on my Bonnie until such time... Weather permitting. If not, I should be good to go the end of this week.

Be safe one and all...

Bob
Completely fine by me!
I trust your aches and pains weren't too bad Bob?

4001 - 4020 of 4083 Posts