Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3901 - 3920 of 3928 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Out and about earlier today with the temperatures reaching near 100 degrees F.... Almost too hot to have an enjoyable ride. But riding motorcycles even on a hot day is far better than sitting on my a$$ at home. So I went out in search of a Storage Tank Facility.

Here is a picture of my Tiger at a Storage Tank Facility Pete.

While I was out riding in the sweltering heat I came across these oxygen storage tanks with Chemical Hazard Signs. So for my next challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with Chemical or Hazard Signage.

Have an enjoyable ride playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama and be safe.

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
The current challenge is "...a picture of your Tiger with Chemical or Hazard Signage". The weather in Switzerland will be quite awful tomorrow, but should be fine on Sunday (Switzerland is about 8 hours ahead of MDT). So my message to any rider out there is that you have an entire day to tackle Bob's challenge, without me taking any advantage of my time zone. So go ahead and find a "...picture of your Tiger with Chemical or Hazard Signage" - that shouldn't be too difficult.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with Chemical or Hazard Signage". Here is my Tiger with the gas storage of a local tool company, featuring the usual plethora of hazard stickers:

I went on a tour of Grisons and the upper Rhine valley today. There are plenty of vineyards out there:

So the new challenge is your bike and a crop commonly growing in your area.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
I just returned from a trip over to the West Slope, which in addition to some phenomenal riding over high mountain passes, it has a significant agricultural presence. Fruit orchards, wineries, and famous for Olathe Sweet Corn.

Here is a picture of my Tiger at a couple of examples of crops commonly grown in my area.

Wine vineyard in Paonia, Colorado

Olathe Sweet Corn

Since I wasn't camping this trip I had room to haul back a bushel of Olathe Sweet Corn.

In my travels I rode through Crawford, CO a small town with an estimated population of 433 people. Of note worthiness Joe Cocker and his wife lived there for many years and he ultimately died there in December of 2014. Joe Cocker - Wikipedia So for my next challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at Grave Marker of someone of notoriety preferably from our era. If you aren't able to get a picture of your Tiger with the grave marker the cemetery and grave marker will suffice.

[

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger at Grave Marker of someone of notoriety preferably from our era. If you aren't able to get a picture of your Tiger with the grave marker the cemetery and grave marker will suffice". Here is my Tiger at the cemetery in Rüschlikon:

This the resting place of Gottlieb Duttweiler, the founder of the Migros retail chain. He was notorious for battling with his competitors and the government. He and his stores are for Switzerland what Sam Walton and Walmart are for the United States.
I looked around for half an hour, but was unable to find his grave (don't forget, Bob, we bury bodies there for 2000 years, so the place is massive). And when a hearse and a burial party arrived I thought I'd show some respect and left the place, so no grave pic - I hope that's OK for you, Bob.
Considering the average age of our participants, for the new challenge let's have a picture of your bike at a retirement home:

Ride safely

Pete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Old challenge: a picture of your bike at a retirement home:

This is my Babytiger in front of the Seerose retirement home in Männedorf, directly on the lake Zürich :)
Thanks a lot to Biketraveller Pete, who gave me this beautiful Bike <3 :)

Seerose means "Water Lily" in German. The picture above is a "two in one". The new challenge is your bike and a sign or painting with the name of a flower.

Thanks to be a part of this cool group and have fun :)

sunny regards Ariana

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Welcome Ariana to the Tiger Forum and Tiger Tag-O-Rama... Congratulations on being gifted the Tiger from Pete!!! Based on your tag and post of the new challenge I can tell you will be not only a welcomed participant, but a fun and challenging participant as well.

Looking forward to playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama with you... Enjoy your riding and be safe.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Ariana to the Tiger Forum and Tiger Tag-O-Rama... Congratulations on being gifted the Tiger from Pete!!! Based on your tag and post of the new challenge I can tell you will be not only a welcomed participant, but a fun and challenging participant as well.

Looking forward to playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama with you... Enjoy your riding and be safe.

Bob

Thank you Bob!
Yes I'm a lucky one :)
I look forward to play Tag-O-Rama with you guys too! Today Pete just explained it again to me and showed me how to use :) I think it's a wonderful idea! Really looking forward what comes next :)
Have a great day!
sunny regards
Ariana

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Here you go Ariana... My Tiger at the Grizzly Rose Saloon & Concert Hall.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at some Tennis Courts.

Have an enjoyable ride playing Tiger-Tag-O-Rama and be safe.

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob I really like the name of that Saloon! My Cat is named Grizzly as well. Full name and Titel: Your Majesty Grizzly Panda Kittykowsky :) haha

Here we go; a picture in front of a Tennis Court:

Since you started with sports, I'm goin to continue ;) Id like to see your Tigers in front of a Skating-Park! If this would't be possible for a couple of you guys, there is also a Soccer-Field in the picture, I would let that count too :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy your rides! Let me see those Tigers!! :D

sunny regards
Ariana :)

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Tag you're it Ariana!!! Here is a picture of my Tiger at a Skate Park in downtown Denver.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with a Public Clock.

Here is my Tiger at the entrance to Coors Field... Home of the Colorado Rockies baseball club.

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ariana is hors de combat today, so I'll have a go. Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with a Public Clock". Here is my Tiger with the church spires of Kaltbrunn and Gommiswald:

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike with any kind of clockless tower:

The one in my picture is the Gallus tower in Schänis - that's all that is left of an 11th century chapel after it caught fire a few years ago.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Here you go Pete... My Tiger at Buchtel Tower on the campus of Denver University.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a Public/Private Swimming Pool. Unfortunately because of COVID most of our public pools are closed.

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi OSJ

That is a great picture of a swimming pool, you certainly managed to get that challenge perfectly. However, your picture of a hiking trail seems to be of a rather low resolution and a bit confusing to me (simply because I am unable to read it). Would you prefer us to find a sign indicating a hiking trail or would it suffice to simply take a picture of our bikes on any hiking trail with or without a sign?
My apologies for being too dumb to get your drift immediately - or maybe I answered so many challenges from Bob in the past that nowadays I find it difficult to immediately comprehend the challenges from our other participants.
Many thanks for clarifying what you want us to do.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi OSJ

That is a great picture of a swimming pool, you certainly managed to get that challenge perfectly. However, your picture of a hiking trail seems to be of a rather low resolution and a bit confusing to me (simply because I am unable to read it). Would you prefer us to find a sign indicating a hiking trail or would it suffice to simply take a picture of our bikes on any hiking trail with or without a sign?
My apologies for being too dumb to get your drift immediately - or maybe I answered so many challenges from Bob in the past that nowadays I find it difficult to immediately comprehend the challenges from our other participants.
Many thanks for clarifying what you want us to do.

Ride safely

Pete

Any hiking trail will do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
My Tiger at a Hiking Trail.

While out and about riding on hot days I will often stop and treat myself to a tasty treat. For my next challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at an Ice Cream Shop.

Bob

3901 - 3920 of 3928 Posts