Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3861 - 3880 of 3928 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with a Wrong Way Sign". Here is my Tiger with the European equivalent of a wrong way sign:

As requested I have already passed it going the wrong way - and on the pavement. I suppose in orderly, law-abiding Switzerland as an expat I am risking deportation back to England for that offence.
For the new challenge I would like to see your bike with a statue or monument. This one is called "The Patriot" and was built to commemorate an uprising in 1795 when the country-folks of the canton of Zurich rose against the city of Zurich:

Statues or monuments that you may have used on the Tag-O-Rama in the past are not accepted.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Finding a statue I hadn't used before was a bit of a challenge but I was able to find one today Pete... Here is a picture of my Tiger with a statue I have not used before... (y)

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with a business that has a forename/first name in the name of the business. Bonus points if you can find a business with your forename/first name.

Have an enjoyable ride playing Tiger Tag-O-Rama and be safe.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with a business that has a forename/first name in the name of the business". Here is my Tiger at the Peter and Paul restaurant:

I quite like this challenge of a business name containing something special, so let's stick with that. For the new challenge I would like to see your bike with a business that has an animal name in it:

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Here you go Pete... My Tiger at Alpine Dog Brewery. Denver Brewery & Tap Room | Alpine Dog Brewing Company

Signs are always a fun challenge for Tiger Tag-O-Rama so let's try this. Find a sign of a business or wherever, that has a funny, interesting, connection, meaning to the name of the business. You will see what I'm looking for when you see my new challenge... Well, hopefully. I will leave it up to your judgement if you think your tag meets my challenge.

Here is a picture of my Tiger at the Bull & Bush Pub & Brewery. The pub you've been practicing for! Since 1971 I think the signage is self explanatory and I will be curious with what you come up with... :unsure:

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "Find a sign of a business or wherever, that has a funny, interesting, connection, meaning to the name of the business". This is what I came up with:

Hold on, Pete, you might say. That's just an ordinary street sign and the only odd thing about it is that it is mounted unusually high on that lamp post. If you put the street name "Im Hanfland" into Google translate it will come up with a benign "In the Hemp land". A more sophisticated translator like deepl might give you a clue; yes, the sign also means "In the land of cannabis" in German. The reason why the council mounted it so high up the post is because the local weed-heads keep pinching it as a living room decoration.
Hopefully you regard that as a match for your "bull or bush" challenge, Bob - it was a 130 kilometre trip to that sign. If accepted, then for the next challenge I would like to see your bike at a youth hostel:

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Very nice job Pete and I do appreciate your effort and being creative with your tag of my challenge... ? I wasn't aware there were as many hostels here in Denver until I did a bit of Googling. Here is a picture of my Tiger at the Ember Hostel. They advertise this as being a boutique hostel but looking at the website it looks more like a party house!!! https://www.emberhostels.com/

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with a No Motor Vehicles Sign.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with a No Motor Vehicles Sign". I suppose Bob made that challenge because he wants to see once again those archaic pictograms the Swiss use for depicting vehicles. So I rode over to Liechtenstein - but unfortunately for me our neighbours use the same outdated stuff:

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike at a bus stop. Extra bragging rights if its a bus stop with some scenery:

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
After having a few days of cold and snowy weather today was somewhat pleasant and I was able to get out for a toodle. I'm not venturing too far from home as I most certainly don't want an unnecessary visit to the ER given the current situation. More cold and snow coming tomorrow... You gotta love Spring Time in the Rockies.

Here is a picture of my Tiger at a Bus Stop Pete... Unfortunately it isn't as scenic as yours.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a Post Office.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
After receiving a delivery from China that I didn't order, today is the first day where I'm allowed to leave home again. Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger at a Post Office":

Not as impressive as Bob's picture, but that's all we have in rural Switzerland. For the new challenge however, let's have something that is about the same size everywhere:

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike at a golf course.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your Chinese delivery was an unexpected order Pete... Hopefully the fortune cookie had a good message for you.

Out and about today I was not totally surprised with the activity at one of our public golf courses since they were opened last week. Today was a beautiful day to be riding a motorcycle and playing golf it appeared. Here is a picture of my Tiger at a Golf Course with some golfers.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with an unusual or interesting piece of Art Work/Sculpture. I will leave it up to your discretion as to how unusual or interesting it is. Here is my Tiger with the Big Sweep in front of the Denver Art Museum... Denver, CO - Big Sweep - Dust Pan and Broom Sculpture

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with an unusual or interesting piece of Art Work/Sculpture". Here is my Tiger with the "Red Barrel of St. Gallen" which does absolutely nothing except leaking water:

The locals lovingly (and unsurprisingly) call it "the pi***ng drum". For the new challenge I give you two choices:

I would like to see your bike either with a statue or with a fountain. Extra kudos if you manage both.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of my Tiger Pete with some Water Fountains... No statues but one does have some sculptures.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with a sign showing the elevation of a city, town, or village.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Over a year of lurking and now I think I finally got a picture in time!

Here’s my Tiger with a sign showing the elevation of Idyllwild in Southern CA.

In honor of my wife who refuses to touch a motorcycle, but loves her some shopping, the next challenge will be a picture of your Tiger with a shopping outlet or shopping mall.

Not the greatest picture of a shopping outlet, but definitely a popular one pre-covid 19. Most anyone from SoCal will recognize it immediately.

Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Welcome to Tiger Tag-O-Rama @PGTiger800... Better late than never!!!

Here is a picture of my Tiger at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center here in Denver.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger with an RV/Motorhome.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
Great to have PGTiger800 on the team, hopefully you can beat Bob to this one. Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger with an RV/Motorhome":

I'm certain that the owner of the RV in Bob's picture would consider the vehicle in my picture as a nice little runabout to tow behind his RV, but I'm afraid that's about as big as they get out here.
For the new challenge let's have something we haven't had in a while; a picture of your bike at a fire station:

Preferably a fire station that hasn't yet appeared in the game.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Here you go Pete... My Tiger at a Fire Station and this one has not been used before.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a Pet Store.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

·
Registered
467 Posts
That is one gorgeous fire station you have out there, Bob. Great picture.
Old challenge "...a picture of your Tiger at a Pet Store":

For the new challenge I would like to see your bike at a stonemason's place:

Preferably a stonemason's place that hasn't yet appeared in the game.

Ride safely

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Here you go Pete... My Tiger with some marble slabs at a stonemason's place.

For my new challenge I would like a picture of your Tiger at a musical instrument shop.

Flatten The Curve!!!

Bob

3861 - 3880 of 3928 Posts